Do you workout at curves?

Options
I just want to know if anybody here has tried Curves and has it worked for you.

Replies

• louabaker
    louabaker Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had my 1st workout at Curves today - they offer a free week trial. I have a friend who worked out at Curves and recommended it to me. After only 1 time, I do plan to sign up, as it is very affordable and will get me started on exercising in addition to the walking I am already doing.
  • Joycie13
    Joycie13 Posts: 9
    Options
    I joined a few years ago and really liked it at first. I lost weight and inches in the beginning, but it wasn't long before I plateued. I also joined a busy Curves with a lot of elderly women, so I could not move from station to station quickly, every 30 seconds like I was suppose to. Also it seems like my body got use to the repetition of the stations.
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I don't, but I remember when I was in high school my best friend and her mom started hitting up curves on their way into school every morning, so at like 6 am. They did it five days a week, and before long they had both visibly shrunk. As there's a limit to how much you can intensify their workouts I think there's a limit to how fit you can become there, but it's a great place to begin.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I walked into my local Curves yesterday to ask about employment.

It was a joke!!!

It consisted of a treadmill, an elliptical and a cpl sets of them rubberized 2-5 lbs weights.

That's it.

:noway:
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I went to Curves once. I like working out for 1 hour, and the circuit they have is 30min. There isn't a lot of equipment. I don't like the fact that there isn't any childcare. I think the real turn off was the staff. They weren't particularly friendly. Not quite rude, but not very helpful. It's also about $10-15 more a month than the other gyms in our area, which have more amenities.
  • tessa175
    tessa175 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I just joined last week, I've had 4 workouts so far. Most of the ladies there are way older than me so it's a bit wierd, but I have over 100lbs to lose and it's a good place to start. Because the machines are hydraulic, you have to really push yourself to get a decent workout going and it's really important to try hard during the cardio stations. Overall i think it's going to work for me until I lose enough to feel comfortable in a regular gym.
  • louabaker
    louabaker Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It may depend on the location you choose. The one I visited today had all 13+ machines & offers Zumba classes with certified instructors. If you aren't happy with one location, try another. I am older and haven't been inside a gym for 20 years, but I felt very comfortable and got a good workout.
  • claw0416
    claw0416 Posts: 95
    Options
    I just joined last week, I've had 4 workouts so far. Most of the ladies there are way older than me so it's a bit wierd, but I have over 100lbs to lose and it's a good place to start. Because the machines are hydraulic, you have to really push yourself to get a decent workout going and it's really important to try hard during the cardio stations. Overall i think it's going to work for me until I lose enough to feel comfortable in a regular gym.

I agree..It is a great place to start when you haven't done this kind of stuff in a long time..I did it a few years ago, and I loved it! There were alot of older women in there, but I felt comfortable. I have ALOT of weight to lose, and I wasn't embarrassed to to be inthere. I felt more motivated to to do more..I would have loved to have stayed with it. I just could not afford to keep going..I did lose a few pounds while going. I was hoping to lose alot, but overall the goal was to get back in the swing of things and let my body get adjusted to new things..I should have kept that mind frame after I quit going and thought outside the box of working out at home..,,