flabby/wobbly thighs :(

Options
how can i fix my thighs? its the only area on my body that as extra fat now. i cant really lose much more weight my bmi is already only 20 and body fat was like 18% last time i got it checked.

why arent my thighs going down!! i walk 3-4hours a day what can i do to tone this area and look more in proportion to the rest of my body!

thanks

Replies

• davisrl0
    davisrl0 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Since you cant spot reduce, and you dont need to lose any more weight, you'd probably be better off trying to build the muscle in your thighs. Do some weight training and focus on your legs..see if that helps fill things out.

Sometimes, some areas of our body are just more stubborn than others. Mine is my mid section. No matter how hard I try, that's the main area that's hanging onto excess fat.

Good luck. :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the only thing that is really going to help is some strength training. If you aren't doing it already, you need to start. That said, mine are still flabby and I have been strength training for a while. Be patient. They will come around eventually!
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above. Maybe try some squat exercises or plies. Building the muscle in addition to cardio is the only thing that has helped me tone up my thunder thighs.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Lift.
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    This is my only real problem area. I'm also at my normal healthy weight ... I just carry more weight in my thighs than I do anywhere else. For my 30th birthday I had cosmetic surgery (implants) and asked the surgeon about reducing my thighs but he said that wouldn't be possible. I don't have pockets of fat on my thighs, they're just large. I try to downplay them as much as possible because I'm stuck with them!!
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    strength training would be good and squats lots of squats.
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Bike ride.

Lift (Squats, Bulgarian Split Squats, Step Ups).

Starmaster or just plain stairs

BTW - judging from your photos you are right, you don;t want to lose any more fat, you want to tone what you got.
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Some of us just have bigger thighs and always will have no matter what exercise we do, I am like that I've always been a size bigger on my bottom half even at only 9 stone :-(

As other people have said, weight training is your best bet things like squats and lunges, plus cycling and / or running, you cant spot reduce but you can definetly strengthen / tone your leg muscles which should help. If not then don't worry too much you had a fabulous figure in your before & after pics a few months back x
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    As everyone else has said... weight training! Even when I was a tiny 114 lbs and 5'7 at one unhealthy point in my life, I still had wobbly thighs because I never worked out or did any strength training.
  • stfriend
    stfriend Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Squats are good, with or without weights. Lunges work too, but I hate lunges, lol. Also, not sure where you live, but where I live we have a lot of hills to climb. This strengthens thigh muscles well.
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    LauriesTrying2BeFit Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    thanks all if i was to do squats how many should i be aiming foe a day? thanks
  • Flissbo
    Flissbo Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    me too :-( So am bumping!
  • illecl
    illecl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges. With weights on your shoulders or in your hands once you start finding the regular squats easy. You'll build muscle quickly. If you're not sore the day after your workouts, you're not doing enough of them.

Carol
  • Flissbo
    Flissbo Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    How about for inside thighs?
  • jkr12
    jkr12 Posts: 31
    Options
    Squats, stairs, step ups, box jumps and lunges should be your best friend :)

But do yourself a favor and make sure your form is good or you'll screw up your knees. There are a lot of different ways to vary through those exercises. Youtube has some good videos for form, if not, ask someone who works at a nearby gym.

Maybe start with doing 5-10 reps of each mentioned exercise above and see how you feel. Increase it every day. If it's easy, cycle through it for 30 minutes. Lunge across a field. Do a squat for every stair you walk up. Jump on a park bench 10 times. Hold a weight against your chest and do step ups on a park bench or ladder or stool you've got.

Make it work. Make it fun!