question about calories

Options
i have a hard time eating my reccommended amount. i do have an eating disorder so its really hard for me and with the holidays and all ughh. well i did have a few christmas cookies today which was a huggge deal. i was just wondering if the cookies fit into my recommended amount do they count as extra? a lot of people say they seem to go over on christmas but if i do eat junk it would probably just be about the amount i should eat so does this all balance out? i am also going to work out today and probably not tomorrow so im kind of paranoid about gaining anything.

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Cookies are fine to count in with your daily calories as long as it's not all the time and you're not making meals out of them. I don't have a dessert or treat everyday, but if I have calories left over and there is something particularily scrumptious in the house, I'll eat it.
  • ks2001
    ks2001 Posts: 40
    Options
    You are completely allowed a cookie now and then! I would count them into my normal calories just as I would a regular meal. I think of it as a budget--I have 1800 calories to use in a day, and if I want to use some on Christmas desserts then I just know there is less "money" to use the rest of the day.

Best of luck!!
  • Meghan0129
    Meghan0129 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I agree that you can "cheat" every once in a while to keep yourself sane. When dieting I limit myself to one "treat" a week. Nothing over the top though. I have a lot of friends who make the mistake of eating something "bad" then not eating anything else all day. This will NOT help you. Your body needs nutrition. Take it slow, I personally feel that consistency is the true factor in losing weight and being healthy. Remember, it is the holidays... sweets are in abundance!
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I mostly try to budget it in, but eat mostly raw veggies (salad usually and/or vegetable soup - watch your sodium though) if I know I'd be "spending" more calories on A treat later...ONE treat.. hard to limit myself to one. :)