RUDE PEOPLE

Options
I have lost a total of 17lbs since the beginning of the year. Not fast but I am in no hurry as long as it slowly comes off I am fine with it. I have also recently started running(this spring). I am doing my first 5k on Sunday and run about 10-15miles per week.

Well recently someone I hadn't seen for a while said "WOW I thought you would have been a lot skinnier with how much you are running." They knew I was running due to fb. Nice thanks for the support. UGH!

At least I am getting off my butt setting goals and accomplishing them. Sorry you don't like the timeline at which I am accomplishing them.

Thanks for listening to my complaining:)

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    There are jerks everywhere.

What a dumb thing to say. Or even think.
  • hunter624
    hunter624 Posts: 252
    Options
    1. ditch so-called friend.

2. ditch fb.

3. believe in yourself.

4.Enjoy loosing at your own rate.

Good luck :drinker:
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Some people just can't help but be knuckleheads.
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to that person, ugh. You lose at a comfortable rate and it is much more likely to stay off.

My Dad said the same thing the other day when I explained to him I lose a pound or so a week. He said, "Really? That's it?"
    Many people think that you should be losing a lot more than that when in reality 1lb is great.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    F that noise. They have obvious insecurities. You are beautiful btw. Keep up the hardwork and good luck with your 5k!!
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options
    EFF 'em
  • reka74
    reka74 Posts: 70
    Options
    Ditch fb and keep up the good work!
  • for2day
    for2day Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I think you are doing a great job! And you have set your own goals and good for you!!! Don't let others bring you down, and trust me I know what you are saying, heard the same thing....it is not encouraging at all, but you remember that you are taking care of you and YOU are doing it!!! GOOD FOR YOU and besides you have your MFP family that supports you and we are all in this together - so YOU GO GIRL!!!!
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Don't you just hate when people have to try and make others look bad so they can try and feel good about themselves. If they would focus on making others feel good they most likely would feel good about themselves. Just remember you are lapping all those that aren't moving !!!
  • elleden
    elleden Posts: 3
    Options
    wow, just...wow. I can't believe people. You are doing well working out and don't let anyone make you feel bad for going slowly. I think people are so accustomed to the biggest loser tv show, when they are losing ridiculous amounts of weight so fast that people think it's easy to just drop 5 or 10 lbs just by working out for a week. And you know half those people put their weight right back on with in a year because I'm pretty sure they are doing that in an unhealthy manner, and for all the wrong reasons -money, fame etc. The people who lose slowly and steadily, like you, are the ones who keep it off. So screw that person.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    What an *kitten*.

And 17 pounds in six months is good. It took me a whole year to lose about 25.
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Eh..2 words..Screw em. ;)
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Wow! I can't believe what comes out of some people sometimes! You are doing great and getting fit the right way! You should be proud! You are doing what some are too lazy to even think about doing! So cheers to you! You will do great Sunday because you will persevere and are doing this for the right reasons! WTG! Mean people suck as the bumper sticker says! :wink: Keep on, keeping on! You are worth it and you should be proud of yourself for taking care of you! :drinker:
  • desilu69
    desilu69 Posts: 79
    Options
    My outlook on comments like that- usually a person is experiencing jealousy when making those kinds of comments so they come up with something negative.. I just smile and take their negativity as a compliment :flowerforyou: I mean especially if they have seen you after losing 17# that is a big accomplishment in itself... Congrats to all of your success
  • petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    the slower the better! Great job on the running.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    You can't fix stupid so just unfriend them and let them live their life being a jerk.

Good luck on your first 5K!
  • jennadiane_
    jennadiane_ Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Jerk.

But that's why I don't post that kind of stuff on Facebook.

The people who have nothing better to do always have something to say.

Awesome job BTW. :flowerforyou:
  • tito7388
    tito7388 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Can you say dump...
    That is typical stereotyping. Runners usually have low body fat and little LBM. So I see where the assumption was made but talk about having a little bit of tact. Geezus... Dump the losers that do nothing but hold you down. Fast or slow it doesn't matter. It's the journey you are taking, cherish every step of the day because when you reach your goal and reflect back on the journey you would see that it's not pain or hard work but enjoyment...
  • juliezum
    juliezum Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people just don't think before they speak. Or they're just plain rude. Either way, it sucks. One time at work a co-worker asked if I had lost some weight, and I said "yeah actually about 25lbs", to which she replied..."wow that's great...but you sure have a long way to go though." Pretty sure there was a compliment in there somewhere. Laugh it off and focus on your goals and your achievements...sounds to me like you're doing awesome!
  • mhouston2011
    mhouston2011 Posts: 155
    Options
    1. ditch so-called friend.

2. ditch fb.

3. believe in yourself.

4.Enjoy loosing at your own rate.

Good luck :drinker:

Love what he said...so true!! Don't worry about others (and I know how hard that is, as I have dealt with it too) Just get up every morning and keep moving forward. You are doing a great job! Keep your head held high!!