Olympic watching challenge!!

Options
Not sure if anyone else is the same way, but I'm completely obsessed with the Olympics...I usually tend to sit in front of the tv for the next two weeks...so this year I figured I should make it another way to reinforce my fitness goals! If anyone else is interested in doing it as well, let me know! I'll be doing something fitness related for each event that I watch (and I watch as much as I can!)

Replies

• tobielauren
    tobielauren Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I was on the elliptical for a bit :)
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'm just trying to fit my workout into my Olympics viewing schedule. Hopefully, they'll show enough stuff I'm not interested in that I can take a quick workout break.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    haha i'll probably do most of mine w/ things I can do WHILE watching them (situps, push ups, etc)
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Me too... Im watching the opening ceremonies. Its the parade of nations right now. All the dancing and the show, I'm enjoying every moment of it. I did see David Bowie & Mary Poppins... Now I love the parade part. I was wondering if anyone else here has a fantasy of winning a gold medal like I do? I think I'll take a gold in womens figure skating. Or equestrian competition.:happy: How about you? Any medals in your future??? OP? I was on my eliptical machine just trucking along watching.. And wishing.. Guess tomorrow is gymnastics and swimming.
    :smile:
  • HiKaren
    Options
    I was on the elliptical for a bit :)

Me too. :smile:
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I feel guilty, I watched the opening ceremony down the pub while eating double my daily sodium level....
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I feel guilty, I watched the opening ceremony down the pub while eating double my daily sodium level....
    Same. Same.:noway:
  • tlnurse
    tlnurse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I watched the ceremony last night, but went for an hour walk during parade of nations and still got back in time for the USA:) Will be on the treadmill while watching some in the next 2 weeks....working on couch to 5 K:).....hopefully they will ispire me to continue LOL
  • lundii
    lundii Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    40 minutes elliptical during the opening ceremony. Plus a walk with my dog during the parade of the nations.
    The Olympic games are great for my exercises. ;)
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    during the commercial break do push ups, then the next break sit ups, next squats... etc... i will start later on this... i'm too tired from my run this am!!! :)
  • emilyx15
    emilyx15 Posts: 21
    Options
    I would love to do something like this!!! I think it would really help me considering I was watching the opening ceremony last night and eating frozen yogurt!
  • hanneberries
    hanneberries Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm going to walk a mile for every medal my country wins!
  • lundii
    lundii Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    during the commercial break do push ups, then the next break sit ups, next squats... etc... i will start later on this... i'm too tired from my run this am!!! :)

good idea! Thank you!
    I will do it, when I watch other shows or movies. The Olympic Games don't have any commercial breaks in Germany.
  • ijustwalkedin
    ijustwalkedin Posts: 16 Member
    Options

That is a brilliant idea!!!

I'm SOOO excited, I've got tickets for hickey and volleyball next week, so will be walking around the Olympic Park and London to get there.

I like the idea of sit ups/push ups in the breaks too ... for the events where they are awarded points you could do a sit up for each poin they get!
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I found this on tumblr:

tumblr_m7uqa4PNdV1r5q9hlo1_1280.jpg
  • HiKaren
    Options
    Twenty minutes elliptical and 50 sit ups while watching womens volleyball today. Those chicks have the most fit looking bodies. Watching them kinda pushed me to go and do the added sit ups today. I can feel it after just 50. :wink: What did you guys do today?

Peachy I love the chart. Super cool. :smile:
  • HiKaren
    Options

That is a brilliant idea!!!

I'm SOOO excited, I've got tickets for hickey and volleyball next week, so will be walking around the Olympic Park and London to get there.

I like the idea of sit ups/push ups in the breaks too ... for the events where they are awarded points you could do a sit up for each poin they get!

Thats a good idea.

I'm jealous. I want to go. Have fun. Your abs might get pretty sore if thats the rules. Haaah. :smile:
  • ijustwalkedin
    ijustwalkedin Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I found this on tumblr:

I am printing this as I type!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I found this on tumblr:

Ha! I've been waiting for someone to put one out! Thanks! SO Doing this!
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    Haha! Will have to find this tomorrow morning!