Let's have an Olympic medal challenge!

Options
As I'm sure many others are, I am following the Olympics with great enjoyment. Norway may not be the best in summer, but we already have one medal down!

And that's why I thought it would be fun to have an Olympic medal challenge. For every medal my country wins, I'm going to add an extra mile to my walk the following day. So today, since Norway has won one so far, tomorrow instead of 3 miles, I'm going to aim to walk 4. If they win two, I'll aim to walk 5 miles and so on. Of course, there are coin to be days where perhaps the weather doesn't permit, so I'm going to be logging all spent "medal miles" to those received, so at least by the end I'll have walked every Norwegian medal!

Who's up for something like this? What you do for each medal is up to you, but it's a fun and most importantly active way of enjoying and exercising the Olympics!

Replies

• grantmethinness
    grantmethinness Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I almost skipped this over thinking, "Gee, that sounds too hard." Wimpy me!

For each U.S.A. medal, I will add 30 seconds to my running the next day. (I'm a beginner runner, so even the 1 minute intervals that I do interspersed with walking are tough for me!)

So far, no medals, but GO TEAM! =)
  • Kabba85
    Kabba85 Posts: 13
    Options
    For every medal Canada wins, I will run an extra lap around the bases at the baseball diamond i work out at.....So I guess that means I won't be doing very many extra laps :P (Winter olympics is where it's at for us Canadians)
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options
    FOr every USA gold medal I will add 1 rep to every exercise in my circuit training routine.
  • fayelein
    fayelein Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I like this idea :)

Throughout the Olympics I will do twenty push ups a morning and then for every gold Great Britain medal won the day before I will do 20 extra push ups (may take me a while!!), 15 extra for silver and 10 extra for every bronze.

Hopefully this will get me working on my arms!!!

(well I can't do ACTUAL push ups I do them against the kitchen work surface, but I definitely feel it working - hopefully after this challenge I may be able to manage real ones)
  • paulvt65
    paulvt65 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    For every medal that Canada wins, I will try not to act too surprised!
  • hanneberries
    hanneberries Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    For every medal that Canada wins, I will try not to act too surprised!

:laugh:
  • hanneberries
    hanneberries Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump now that day 1 is done and you can give it some more thought. ;D