**ICE CREAM for 150 per pint**

Options
ARyding17
ARyding17 Posts: 75 Member
think you have to give up ice cream now that you are trying to lose weight?? NOPE!

This ice cream "Artic Zero" is a fat free, gluten free, and lactose intolerant friendly ice cream! They come in many different falvors and are all good! The serving size is a 1/2 cup which is only 37 calories!!

Now I will be honest that they do not taste 100% like ice cream, but they are AMAZING for that little calories! I would suggest going to their website and buying some next time you go to the store!

Eating the strawberry right now. :)

Replies

• ARyding17
    ARyding17 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HelenaMH
    HelenaMH Posts: 40
    Options
    Sounds good! :)
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    never heard of it!

i prefer full fat ice cream though.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I eat this stuff all the time!! I'm definitely addicted lol
  • hippy2skippy
    hippy2skippy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Aww... no stores within a reasonable driving distance of me carry it. =(
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of this stuff but I just looked it up and they sell it in some stores close to where I live. I'm going to pick some up next time I go grocery shopping! Thanks
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I found that a while back at my grocery store - love it! Well, except for the peanut butter chocolate one, that tasted like *kitten*! lol! Since I don't do dairy, within a couple times of eating the Maple Vanilla & the Chocolate, I REALLY like the taste!! Just the smell of regular ice cream makes me pull faces now as the Artic Zero is so light & simple.

I'll be honest: the reason most of us "prefer" real ice cream, cheese & anything else fatty, is it "tastes" good, sets off the taste receptors & serotonin levels for the "feel good" vibes - but be honest: when you're done, you don't feel so good, do you? But, you can change what sets off those vibes, it is not easy at first, but if you give yourself 30 days, you can reprogram your mind & body to "like" new things that are healthier for you and your body will thank you!!
  • BrideToBe101212
    Options
    I tried the cookies and cream and I have to be honest here... It is not anything like ice cream. It is more like a frozen protein shake. I think they are way too expensive (about $5 for a pint). I would rather have 1 scoop of regular ice cream.
  • crimson_seven
    Options
    Thank you for this! I just searched the website and found out that my local co-op is a carrier (in North Carolina)
  • BigBraddog
    Options
    I go with the Skinny Cow Ice Cream Cups for 150 cals/each They are awesome!
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I've tried several, they are pretty disgusting In my opinion. But I really like the ice cream bars that they make.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    think you have to give up ice cream now that you are trying to lose weight?? NOPE!

This ice cream "Artic Zero" is a fat free, gluten free, and lactose intolerant friendly ice cream! They come in many different falvors and are all good! The serving size is a 1/2 cup which is only 37 calories!!

Now I will be honest that they do not taste 100% like ice cream, but they are AMAZING for that little calories! I would suggest going to their website and buying some next time you go to the store!

Eating the strawberry right now. :)

You are absolutely right you don't have to give up ice cream while trying to lose weight, however calling Arctic Zero ice cream and good tasting is pushing it. For the same price albeit not the same cals you can pick up Haagen Dazs, Ben and Jerry's, Talenti, Ciao Bella etc and all of them blow it out of the water tastewise
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I love Arctic Zero
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I bought into all the hype about Arctic Zero and finally tried it for myself. I'll stick to Skinny Cow!
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    TCBY Frozen Yogurt Chocolate Fudge Bars are my number one.. and only 80 calories.

Second favorite dessert is either strawberries or bananas topped with whipped cream. Low cal, depends on how much you're eating.

Annnddd third, may only be available here in the Tampa area, but my friend introduced me to Dlites ice cream and it's amazing, and only 50 cals for a 1/2 cup (http://www.dlitesemporium.com/)
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna be the one to be real right now lol. A lot of us cannot buy regular ice cream without eating the entire carton in 2 days. So for those of you who are like "I'd rather just have one scoop of regular ice cream." good for you that you have the self control to only have one scoop of ice cream but some of us do not have that ability. I am one of those people!! That's why I like artic zero. If I eat the whole pint, it's not a big deal and I don't feel bad about it.
  • crimson_seven
    Options
    I'm gonna be the one to be real right now lol. A lot of us cannot buy regular ice cream without eating the entire carton in 2 days. So for those of you who are like "I'd rather just have one scoop of regular ice cream." good for you that you have the self control to only have one scoop of ice cream but some of us do not have that ability. I am one of those people!! That's why I like artic zero. If I eat the whole pint, it's not a big deal and I don't feel bad about it.

I am that person. It is one of my self control issues that I finally realized I just can't have it in the house. Any sort of ice cream I will go through, and if it is a pint I can down it in under 30 minutes in one sitting. I know, it is both impressive and terrible.
  • halarson24
    halarson24 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Here is another version of the frozen fruit being turned into an "ice-cream" that tastes great!

http://hollylarsonrd.blogspot.com/2012/07/fruit-ice-creams-more-delicious-treats.html

Hope you like it!

-Holly Larson
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'd rather eat a little bit of real ice cream with ingredients that a) I can pronounce and b) understand. It's hard enough to find, to be perfectly honest.