Newbie... Been on Site for Few Weeks Now!

Options
Hey Fellow MyFitnessPal Members!!

I've been on this site for a few weeks now and I would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to lose weight. Not only does it help tracking everything you eat, but it also helps you to think about how you use your calorie allowance and to make smart food choices.

I have struggled with my weight a lot over the last 8 years and have a goal of 65lbs to lose. I no longer just want to be as slim as I can. I want to be healthy and fit. I realise that in order to be healthy I need to lose weight slowly and steadily. I've made a decision to conquer my weight issues once and for all and this website will be my tool in achieving that goal.

Here's to a successful journey!

Replies

• ladydi2153
    Options
    I've been on the site now for close to 2 months and I'm loving it!!! Knowing my calorie allowance is a tremendous help in choosing my foods and letting me know if I can splurge a little bit toward the end of the day.
    I'm 59 years old and have struggled with my weight since having children. Now, that i'm past menopause, I find it difficult to lose the weight. I'd like to lose 25 pounds, and it's a day to day struggle. But, I agree with what you said about wanting to be healthy. As much as I'd love to be that "sexy" old broad, LOL, I'd much rather be healthy for my husband, children and grandchildren. I want to live a long, healthy life.
    Good luck to everyone in their individual journey,
    Diane
  • pmcco
    pmcco Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I agree it is not just about a number on the scale.... I try to celebrate the victory of exercising more and feeling better overall. Slow and steady means you keep muscle... I can live with that. Good luck to you.... I have been here for a few weeks too and love it.... it is awesome accountability to self
  • dawnip79
    dawnip79 Posts: 2
    Options
    I too hope you both have a great weight loss journey going forward. We can all support each other as a community on here, which is half the battle when trying to lose weight.
    :smile: