Olympic Weightlifting

Options
taso42
taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
Who else is psyched to watch Weightlifting on the Olympics?

Inspired by the Olympics, I've decided that I'm going to work in some olympic lifts (or at least power cleans) into my routine next week!

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    It's been amazing so far. But I'm currently entranced by the swimming.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    ME me me me MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I am hoping to start back at square one soon. But i love to watch!
  • Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    <<---- Definately looking forward to watching the weightlifting!! :)
  • kensky
    kensky Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I don't have a tv set up to watch this but I may stay late at the gym on Monday morning to watch the Women's Weightlifting.
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Saw the womens 48kg class earlier, amazing tiny & hot!

Russ
  • alli_baba
    alli_baba Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Me, too. But what's with all of the empty seats? I've been to swimming events at a couple of Olympic games and the swimming events are always packed. I'm kind of stunned.
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'll definitely check it out although the swimming is also capturing my attention right now.

Only thing I have tickets for is the archery.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Definitely, it's so motivating!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Me, too. But what's with all of the empty seats? I've been to swimming events at a couple of Olympic games and the swimming events are always packed. I'm kind of stunned.

They were reserved for the 'Olympic Family'. Apparently, the family don't care.

500 empty seats at the Lochte / Phelps medley. Criminal.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jul/28/london-2012-review-empty-seats
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    If I can catch it I'd like to watch some of the weightlifting.

And now I'm thinking I may add some cleans on to the end of my workouts next week.

Thanks for the idea!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I expect the TV coverage for those of us in the US will be sparse. I'm planning to use the website to see it at all.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Most definitely. That along with swimming, gymnastics, and volleyball
  • 78Octane
    78Octane Posts: 68
    Options
    Just got back from doing some power cleans at the gym. I will definitely be watching.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah!
  • Fit2morrow
    Fit2morrow Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Absolutely - I enjoy the weightlifting and wrestling events but they're not easy to watch since the coverage is sparse.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    Yup. I am really looking forward to the women's 58kg category. Go Zoe Smith!
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to seeing Holley Mangold in the women's WL. I have DVR set to record all olympics and plan on watching whats not there online.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Same here.

I did a small bout of power lifting in college. Never went anywhere but always been impressed with it. It's amazing how strong some of these lifters are. I'm always impressed when people half my weight are destroying me on some of the lifts!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to seeing Holley Mangold in the women's WL. I have DVR set to record all olympics and plan on watching whats not there online.

Mangold and Robles the USA women are poised to make some noise this year! Mangold has some good blood running through her as her brother Nick shows ;-)
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options

Mangold and Robles the USA women are poised to make some noise this year! Mangold has some good blood running through her as her brother Nick shows ;-)

Was Robles in the Crossfit games? Her name sounds familiar