Anyone doing WW as well as MFP?

Options
Hey there, I've been on MFP for about 7 months now. In addition to MFP, I've also been tracking WW points (old Points system). Is there anyone else following WW as well as MFP? If so, I'd love to add you as a friend! Thanks!

Replies

• Cupcake1015
    Cupcake1015 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    bump?
  • Limeynana
    Limeynana Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi there...I WAS doing WW but found after 10yrs it just wasn't working for me anymore plus I was tired of counting points...lol I find this much easier and all the calorie counting is done for me... not used to counting cals though! How can you manage to do both....I would have thought one or the other...:-))
  • jipowell357
    jipowell357 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I do WW too. I am finding that I like the added benifit of counting calories and knowing where I stand in my day with the nutrition and so on to be a benifit. MFP has rounded out my weight loss journey. I sent you a friend request.
  • ambersam68
    ambersam68 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm a WW - but I've been plateaued since November on ProPoints so thought it was time to do something different.
    Quite a few of the WW girls have found this site to be incredibly good so I signed up.

I've lost 3lb in 2 weeks - which is more than I've done in 8 months with WW
    What MFP has done is highlight that whilst I'm within my calorie intake daily, I regularly go over my sugar
    As a diabetic, this is my problem with weight loss

So MFP is helping me to hone my diet while WW keeps me mostly grounded and i have lots of virtual friends on the community board there
  • melissa1893
    Options
    I have been off and on ww for 10 years plus! I had success twice on the old points plan but have had very little success on the points plus. Im tired of paying $40 a month and am thinking of giving this a try.
  • urbansmamma
    urbansmamma Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm doing both. I like WW meetings because it's my food therapy and weighing in once a week keeps me in check. I weigh myself everyday, but I count my WW weigh in as my final weight that counts for my MFP tracking. I like tracking on MFP because I eat a mostly vegan diet and it helps me track protein, fiber, etc.
  • MNchick
    MNchick Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I track calories here and weigh in at WW
  • LORA0504
    LORA0504 Posts: 22
    Options
    I have been doing WW new system Points Plus and I also did the old system. I lost 15 lbs on the old system and gained it all back. I've discovered I am more of an emotional eater than I thought. I have a friend that encourage me to try this and I have another friend that is seeing a nutritionist. The nutritionist isn't supportive of the WW zero point fruit philosophy. After talking with these two friends I realized I need to learn more about the food I am putting in my body than just the Points Values. I've logged my food into MVP a few days in the past week and in a short time have realized I eat way more carbs than I realized and not nearly enough protein. I really like the fact that I can see all of the nutrition info broken out for me each and every day. I also think the support community and the MFP Mobile App and better than WW.
  • ambersam68
    ambersam68 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lora - I am beginning to agree with the nutritionalist!
    Whilst it is clearly better to eat a piece of fruit than a bar of chocolate, I was eating around 5 portions of fruit + salad + veg!
    Many of my friends on WW have been saying for ages that the fruit should be self governed and they have chosen to eat only 3 pieces of fruit for free and then they point it.

MFP has shown me clearly that my issue is with the amount of sugar I consume, most of which is hidden.
    I'm enjoying learning a more rounded way to think of food and nutrition
  • Brinasacat
    Brinasacat Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I've done WW a couple of times. I prefer this.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Another Weight Watcher here. Today is my first day on myfitnesspal and wow I'm so glad I did join because I'm on 26 ProPoints and had my day all tracked out then decided to see how many calories it was because my weight loss has been so slow. I was going to eat 472 calories over my 1200 that this site shows I should eat!

From now on I'm going to just track on here and maybe weigh in at WW but I'm guessing I'll be giving that up pretty soon and just weighing once a week at home.

I've never had such a slow loss on any other WW plan till now and I've used WW on and off for 23 years. I would also like to mention that I was not having more than 3 fruit a day so that wasn't the reason for the slow loss.

I have my sons wedding coming up and I don't have time to waste!!! Happy to be anyones friend on here. Loving this website so far!