Over 15 years of obesity ended today!

Options
solarfish
solarfish Posts: 50 Member
In 3 months my BMI has dropped from 35.5 to today's 29.8. Officially I am now just overweight for the first time in many years. Still some way to go, I am now targeting 'normal' weight although I may well settle for something higher as I would like to build up some more muscle mass.

Total weight loss includes a week of travelling, over eating, lots of alcohol and zero exercise (I put on 4 lbs that week), but all other weeks since being on MFP I have lost at least 1 lb and usually 2-3 lbs with at least 1350 calories per day and more often about 1500, with 45/35/20 macros. Exercise has been cardio (cross trainer or rowing machine or walking) every day but I am now planning to start some strength work.

No pics sorry, I avoided the camera for most of the past few years, but the change so far is very noticeable with comments this week from several people who had not seen me for a couple of months.

Replies

• 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are awesome and your results are truly inspiring. :)
    Keep it up!
  • voguextc
    voguextc Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Awesome job, and best of luck to you as you finish your weight loss journey :D
  • Jalyn77
    Jalyn77 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Wow, way to go! It takes a lot of committement to accomplish what you have. I bet you feel fantastic! :happy:
  • inagaddadavegan
    inagaddadavegan Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Awesome milestone! Well done!
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! :flowerforyou:
  • stevedolan
    stevedolan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Brilliant milestone, congratulations! Don't stop now, keep up up the good work :smile:
  • gailashton
    gailashton Posts: 292
    Options
    Congratulations. Even if you don't post pictures, it helps to look back on them. You have something to be proud of. Fabulous job! Keep it up for a long and healthy lifetime.....
  • Kimber117
    Kimber117 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations of your journey of transformation. Every little victory will continue to fuel your motivation to keep pressing forward. Strength training will really help in your weight loss as it will help to increase your metabolism and you will start to see definition. Keep remembering your dreams are becoming your reality.
  • mishimouse101
    mishimouse101 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress in three months time. keep up your good new habits and the daily exercise!
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congrats!! on your progerss and we all look forward in following your journey to normal BMI and better weight.. Keep us informed and updated if you can.. :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!