hi.

Options
i'm new. i want to do things the right way, and i want to be honest with what i am.

i'm currently recovering from an eating disorder of 12 years and a drug addiction of 5. i've been drug free for about a year and am working to overcome the disorder. i'm looking to eat right, be smart, and work hard. i'm looking to support all of you, and maybe make some friends along the way. i'm looking for a better life.

great to meet you all!

<3cx

Replies

• Rachel089
    Rachel089 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi there!

First off, I want to say--CONGRATULATIONS on your decision to say "shove it" to your ED. I've been there. It's hard. You are so brave!

Secondly, I am exactly where you are right now. I'm wanting to get healthy the RIGHT way--not get skinny the WRONG way. I'm very new to this lifestyle and perspective (1 week!) so feel free to add me and we can work through this together. I've found an awesome blog that has motivated me like none other. It's on tumblr and is written by a 22 year old who is now recovered from an ED and has turned into a fitness buff. She has great meal ideas, etc, and I've been following them religiously--I'm not hungry, and I feel super healthy and energized.

Anyways, I wish you the best as you start your journey. It's hard to finally say you're done with the ED lifestyle, and after 12 years I can only imagine how difficult and relieving this must be for you. I'm here for you! As are thousands of others!

-Rachel
  • tinabatinaflc
    Options
    thank you! it's nice to have someone on a similar page as you. what is the name of the blog you discovered?

<3christine
  • bwcrouch
    bwcrouch Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    This site is a huge first step to doing it right. I am very impressed by the courage you are both displaying. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Adara13
    Adara13 Posts: 50
    Options
    Well done! Getting as far as here already is a big step, and I am not just talking about joining the site! What you have overcome is amazing, good luck!
  • rgm66
    rgm66 Posts: 33
    Options
    Im on here everyday so feel free to add me if you like
  • keppelsbunny
    Options
    Hi!

I am new as well, well, i downloaded the app about 9 months ago then never used the blasted thing!

If you want to add me, that's totally cool with me, and congratulations on making such a positive change, you should feel really proud of yourself!

Ames.
  • Limeynana
    Limeynana Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi there...welcome and the very best of luck to you! Congratulations on the right and healthy decisions that you have made.... You may add me as a friend if you wish..we are all in this together!
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too :)
  • mikeschratz
    mikeschratz Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I have been sober for over 5 years and know what you are going through. If you would like, you can add me! I would love to be part of your success story! Congrats on getting here!
  • canichange
    canichange Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachael

I would be really interested in this blog could you tell me how to find it please. I have suffered from bulimia for the last 23 years and have been sober for the last 2 and a half years!
  • Midnight1210
    Midnight1210 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on finding your path to a better, healthier you!

I, too, went through an anorexic/bulimic phase in my mid-20s. Not eating for days because I hated how I looked, then binge eating because I was starving - and then the inevitable purge because of the guilt. It was one of the worst phases of my life I can remember. It was a long road back, and even now I sometimes feel that ghost hanging over my shoulder because of my current physical limitations that interfere with vigorous exercise (asthma and chronic pain).

This site really helps. Surround yourself with supportive people and you can do anything you set your mind too!

Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Rachel089
    Rachel089 Posts: 13
    Options
    http://muffintop-less.tumblr.com/ is the blog I was referring to earlier! She has very healthy and delicious protein shakes, and her MTLC meal plan is what I've been following. It encourages you to eat OFTEN, which is great because it really makes me hold myself accountable to an eating schedule. The only problem I've found is adding enough calories to get me to my requirements for the day--a way I've solved this is throwing in an extra protein shake or greek yogurt with fruit. I hope this helps you out!
  • tinabatinaflc
    Options
    thanks everyone for the nice words, i'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

<3cx
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I'm also in recovery (alcohol) - 5 1/2 years sober. I quit smoking almost 4 years ago (that was harder than giving up alcohol for me).

After that I wanted to get healthy again and started working out, but never was able to really drop my weight to a healthy level until I got on MFP.

I don't post much or comment on too many posts with 'atta boys', but I do log all of my workouts and usually post my food. Although I'm not particularly 'chatty', I will engage anyone that sends me a message or puts questions out there if I have any advice to offer.

Good luck and congratulations on your one year!!
  • AlishaCarpenterMyers
    Options
    I recently quit smoking. My last cigarette was smoked on January 1st 2012. I was already slightly heavy and then I gained a whole bunch of weight. So, now, I'm just trying to get healthy. I've lost 22 pounds since April. I just try to watch what and how much I eat and I walk 3-4 miles 5 days a week.

I give all of you, who are trying to kick a bad habit or addiction to the curb, SUPER BIG props! That's a really hard decision to make and an even harder to actually carry out and stick to it. God knows there have been a few days in the past months that something happened and all I wanted was a cigarette.

God Bless and Good Luck! Feel free to add me! :)
  • dsexsmith
    dsexsmith Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well with their weight loss progress, and of you've just started, you're one step ahead of those people still on the couch!

I'm Destiny, and I love to exercise. I workout because I loooooove sweets. I'm learning how to crunch my cravings by substituting sweets with flavorful fruits and healthy snacks!

Love to share my workouts, and hear some of yours!
  • katiejanecollins
    katiejanecollins Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi:-) I'm new also! Feel free to add me
  • ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    Hello and welcome here. You can do anything you put your mind too. I hope you have a great day and feel free to add me if you wish. :smile: