My thighs..

Options
So, I weigh 280 right now. Some of it is muscle Ive gained so im not so worries.

But I'm bigger in my thighs then I am in my tummy. Whats a good way to loose inner and outer thighs and loose love handles and tummy?

Replies

• Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Can't spot reduce. General weight loss will help with any trouble spots. That or lipo! LOL. Best of luck in your fitness journey!
  • Limeynana
    Limeynana Posts: 23
    Options
    Try a few leg exercises.... some good ones on youtube.....I have crinkly upper arms...any ideas on how to lose that? Would love any suggestions! thank you!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Can't spot reduce. General weight loss will help with any trouble spots. That or lipo! LOL. Best of luck in your fitness journey!

This. Our bodies lose and gain fat where ever they want, not where we want. Usually the first place the fat came on is the last place the fat leaves.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options

This. Our bodies lose and gain fat where ever they want, not where we want. Usually the first place the fat came on is the last place the fat leaves.

So freaking true.
  • arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    i have always had bigger thighs (and bum). It's my 'problem area'. I've lost 40lbs so far and i still have big thighs (but yesterday, my husband said he thought my thighs looked a bit slimmer! :)). I think just leg exercises (squats, lunges, leg lifts, 'donkey kicks') along with lots of walking (i.e. brisk walking, up hills etc - which is what i've been doing - will help tone - but as the other people have said, you can't spot reduce, so losing weight (along with toning) will help :).
  • Nicopants1314
    Options
    Try a few leg exercises.... some good ones on youtube.....I have crinkly upper arms...any ideas on how to lose that? Would love any suggestions! thank you!

I have a lot of arm weight a long with stretch marks. So once I started weight lifting and doing push ups, they started to go away. So maybe some light weight lifting.

Also, thank you everyone.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options

^^ This. The first place you gain is the last place it leaves, if it does. I'm fighting my thighs in a never-ending battle. I will probably break down and just do the lipo.
  • angel823
    angel823 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Squats helped me ALOT. I know some ppl dont like it but i got the thigh gap doing 100 squats a day then increased 100 every week Jumping jacks same 100 first geek +100 every week. Same with high knees. and 50 floor sprints +50 every week
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

I have a lot of arm weight a long with stretch marks. So once I started weight lifting and doing push ups, they started to go away. So maybe some light weight lifting.

Also, thank you everyone.

Try heavy weight lifting instead. I had huge thighs, but thanks to lifting heavy and building up muscle (combined with weight loss) my legs look a lot slimmer. Just have to keep working to lose weight because you can't spot reduce.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'm sorta hourglassy/pear shaped and what's been working for me is eating to lose weight and overall exercise.

like others have mentioned you cant spot reduce and your body will lose based on your genetics. for instance i rarely do direct abs exercise but i've lost far more from my abs than i have from my thighs.

also dont be afraid to lift heavy. my main workout has been compound lifts where i lift from 70-85% of my 1 max rep. doing that has helped insure that most of what i burn while i lose is fat and glycogen so my muscle loss has only been around 10%.

just stick with whatever you're doing to lose weight
  • TEAJAY002
    TEAJAY002 Posts: 9
    Options
    I have same problem, try running and rowing. Have found running helped make legs look longer and leaner. Rowing has difinitely targeted my inner thigh which is awesome. Good luck.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I've always had massive hips and thighs. I know you can't spot reduce, but since I've started running 3x / wk, I've seen a massive difference in my whole lower body. It's to the point that my upper body needs to catch up, and I'm losing my curves!
  • syrevitch
    syrevitch Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Try Tracy Anderson Mat Workout. It is great both for arms and thighs
  • lbaileyjohannsen
    lbaileyjohannsen Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Do you mean you weigh 180? Or are you like, seven feet tall? I would definitely try squats and heavy lifting to tone. Your legs will look a lot slimmer once you lose the fat.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Do you mean you weigh 180? Or are you like, seven feet tall? I would definitely try squats and heavy lifting to tone. Your legs will look a lot slimmer once you lose the fat.

That was rude, especially when you don't look so small yourself.

Back to the OP...You can try running/walking and just a regular calorie deficit. You'll lose weight all over after some time.
  • halawelo
    halawelo Posts: 1
    Options
    Youtube search "Drive By Inner Thighs Challenge" and "POP Pilates: Inner Thigh Insanity" -Two inner thigh workouts by Cassey Ho.
    I had huge results from the inner thigh insanity one last year and I know a few others who had good results too :)
  • lbaileyjohannsen
    lbaileyjohannsen Posts: 133 Member
    Options

Back to the OP...You can try running/walking and just a regular calorie deficit. You'll lose weight all over after some time.

Uhhh, I dot want to get in to a fight with you or derail the thread, so i will say this and then head out of here--I was saying she looks a lot smaller than 280. Like, not physically possible she is 280. She's like a size 12. You would think with all the thousands of posts you have on here you'd be able to interpret a sentence on the Internet. And yes, I'm fat.
  • 1025loveuMOM
    Options
    Im 213 && im big in my thighs to my stomach not all that big.
  • lucyannp
    lucyannp Posts: 15
    Options
    I have the same problem, if I turn sideways my thighs stick our further than my belly.
    The only thing that's worked for me? Kettlebells classes. Highly recommended and tones your whole body. It will be tough at first but you'll develop the most amazing strength from it without looking like you tried to become a bodybuilder!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

Uhhh, I dot want to get in to a fight with you or derail the thread, so i will say this and then head out of here--I was saying she looks a lot smaller than 280. Like, not physically possible she is 280. She's like a size 12. You would think with all the thousands of posts you have on here you'd be able to interpret a sentence on the Internet. And yes, I'm fat.

i thought the same, you're going by photo with the white shirt? yeah that definitely looks like a size 12 body. so it's possible that photo isan inspiration pic?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!