I've eaten McDonalds twice in the last 3 days..

Options
Oh noes...I'm gonna die.

Not really, there are smart choices even there...

Replies

• jerzypeach
    jerzypeach Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    And your point is?
  • whitneymcginnis
    whitneymcginnis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love the iced latte, nonfat with sugar free vanilla! Nice sweet treat for the summer days!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    Options
    It's okay, you're gonna die anyway.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Jk about the perception of fast food having to be a diet/health killer.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Now you need to go to do the master cleanse to get all that crap out of your body... How dare you actually enjoy your food OP!
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    It's okay, you're gonna die anyway.

True. I'll probably go of heart disease like all the men in my family (if I make it long enough for that).
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Oh noes...I'm gonna die.

Not really, there are smart choices even there...

Sorry, I don't see anything smart in McDonalds. Salad is... beyond terrible. Meat is tasteless, bread is too plastic, even pickles die in that hamburger.

On the contrary, I had chips around 15 minutes ago. Last time I had chips was in New Year's (I have a rather strange tradition of eating only chips for breakfast on New Year's) and I enjoyed those a dozen or so chips immensely. More than I would if I had it every week (been there done that). I don't eat them because I don't need them. That was what draw me away from them in the first place. Any craving, any need for cheating gets better in time.
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    I like the grilled chicken caesar salad... I can't have the fries or burgers any more, otherwise I'll get sick. BUT the parfaits are pretty good too.
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    How's your tummy? MickeyD's always messes with mine - especially if it's been a while since I ate it. Actually, It'd probably mess me up pretty bad if I ate it now - it's been weeks.
  • REALBIGBATBASTARD
    REALBIGBATBASTARD Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    NICE BURN!
  • Rinkermann
    Rinkermann Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't worry about it, i've eaten 'bad' food most days on this diet. what i have been able to do is fit the bad stuff in, in moderation.

if i do macdonalds, i usually do it on a gym day so that there are plenty of calories to eat back.
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    My condolences on your impending death.
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    PhD in toxicology, Health and Safety, McDonalds - is this you way of telling us you are trying to kill yourself?? lol
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I have had mcdonalds 3 times in about 8 years or longer, unless you count mcflurries, which I don't really as they are just ice cream. In terms of the savoury stuff there, it just seems a waste, when it all looks so unsatisfying and so small. But then, if I am to have something outside of clean eating, I tend to prefer the sweet stuff anyway and find it more satisfying, talking of such as cheesecake, muffins and ice cream. But McD never did anything for me, I would sooner have some proper chunky chips (fries) done in the oven than the McD skinny, unfilling fare.