Love Shirataki noodles!!

Options
Wow, can I say Double thumbs up on Shirataki noodles?? I just discovered them and LOVE them. 4 oz is 20 calories...

Replies

• mdmccowan
    mdmccowan Posts: 20
    Options
    Me TOO!!!!! They r amazing
  • simonsayzz
    simonsayzz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    What and where can I get them? Fill me in please!
  • MMMendoza007
    MMMendoza007 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a variety sample pack from a place. I haven't gotten them in yet, but I've been researching them and now I'm feeling pretty confident that I'm going to like them too. *fingers crossed*
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I get them at the Asian store. They are in the cooler section - the ones I get are in a bag with water. You can also order them online.

http://www.miraclenoodle.com/?gclid=CIiS0_GMu7ECFYNx4AodAQ4A3w

Everyone should give them a try :)
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Ive been to plenty of grocery stores and I can not find these amazing noodles people post about? Does anybody know where I can find them here in Welland, Ont Canada ?:cry: :
  • blondie6688
    Options
    I got these from my Asian market , but I've also bought them from Sprouts and also Whole Foods (Tx's more healthy stores) . Asian place is the cheapest. at $1.79. Theyre close to Tofu in the refrigerated section. I live in San Antonio , but I'm originalyy from Canada (Vancouver where there is a HUGE asian population), so I'm thinking there is a big asian population in Eastern Canada??? so try the Asian grocery stores.

www.MiracleNoodle.com will ship. They are 3.29 per bag (but I believe it's a much bigger bag|??? 7 oz. ??? Or check out Amazon.com

Make sure you
    1. Rinse with hot water
    2. Dry fry in saucepan with a little Pam to get the consistency.
  • momof2TONI
    momof2TONI Posts: 116
    Options
    I just bought some today and can't wait to try them! I live in Dallas and they sell them at the 'healthier' stores like Sprouts and Whole Foods. They were in the refrigerated section by the vegetables at our Sprouts store.
  • Mike_Chase
    Options
    thanks for the info. look forward to giving them a try.
  • lmc8774
    lmc8774 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You can also order them on Amazon. I live in a small town and get some grocery items online.

I tried these before and didn't have luck. Any suggestion on how to prepare them, what type to get?
  • fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    My grocery store keeps them in the produce section next to the tofu...kind of a weird place to keep them if you ask me - but they have 'em and they're great!!
  • blondie6688
    Options
    www.miraclenoodles.com or on amazon. They SHOULD ship into Canada. I'm Canadian myself... from Vancouver!
  • joanneonline
    joanneonline Posts: 158
    Options
    These are great and I love them. Warning though - when you first open the package you are hit with a strong fishy smell and I don't like fish. However, the instructions tell you to rinse them. I open the bag and dump them right into a colander and run cold water over them for a few seconds. Then I pat them dry in a paper towel and microwave them for 1 minute. After that, I can use them in ANY recipe and I love them.

The point is - don't let that initial smell keep you from rinsing them and trying them. They are awesome once you prepare them. Try 'em!

Also, if you can't find them, make sure you're looking in the refrigerator section with the tofu. I first tried to find them on the pasta isle - wrong! I can get them at Publix and Kroger food stores - in the tofu section.
  • dlucio1
    dlucio1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love them too, it's just expensive.
  • lbaileyjohannsen
    lbaileyjohannsen Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who has a huge problem with the texture? I think I was expecting such a different mouth feel it kind of shocked me. I tried the fettuccine shaped shirataki, do different shapes feel different at all? I really am tempted to retry them because I didn't mind the flavor and the calorie content can't be beat.