• vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Not dealing with this is one of the upsides of a no kid lifestyle. :smile:

No kidding! :drinker:
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I was just complaining to my husband about this.

We've been prepping for a yard sale all day, plonked the kids down in front of a movie. I swear, the second that movie is done, suddenly they're hungry, thirsty, have something SO important that they want to tell you...etc etc.

I feel like I never really get anything done without the TV babysitter. T_T
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I haven't watched the last 10 minutes of anything without interruption in 15 years.
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Its your fault for not using online banking. Who balances checkbooks anymore? Lol :tongue:

I have to chuckle at this...your right, alot of people dont balance their own checkbooks anymore...but I think thats because alot of the younger generation (not saying you, just making a generalization is all) dont know HOW to balance a checkbook. Goes right along with the 18 year old cashier at the store who rings you up, tells you your total is 15.25, you give them 20.25 and they stare at you confused.

I think most can handle the $20.25. But if you give them $21 they look at you like you just handed them some colored beads.
  • tlo23
    tlo23 Posts: 68
    Options
    I feel your pain...trust me I do. We are "one" and DONE!! lol
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    My daughter likes to wait until I'm trying to make an important phone call to tell me a 10 minute story about nothing at all. -_-
  • RainaWalks
    RainaWalks Posts: 72
    Options
    i have nieces and when they are over....it is pretty much...when they want to be left alone...leave them alone...when they want you...boy...they'd better get you...

the one that drives me craziest is 'i'm bored' and 'i plugged the toilet'...so help me...when i hear those two things i am happy to be childless....part time is hard enough....hats off to all you parents out there...
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Enjoy this time. Eventually they will be teenagers and they won't ever want to have anything to do with you at any time, unless they want money, the car, etc. Mine are 17 and 20 and they almost never come out of their bedrooms except for school and work.
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I have gotten in the habit of locking the bathroom door. Even if I'm home alone. Come one, can't a guy have 5 minutes with a kid busting in and asking for attention. At least this way, they can't open the door!
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    I am thankful everyday that the bunch I have goes home at the end of the day...none of them are ours! (and some of them are quite grown!!!)
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    the bathroom thing.. omg.. i tried to take a nice quiet bath one night.. NO WAY that was going to happen!!! my 14 year old pretty much ignores me unless i unplug him. but the twins still need a referee.

i always have a house full of kids.. mine and usually at least 3 extras.. always crazy.. i know i will miss it when they head to college :(
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to have to learn Ninjitsu when I have kids just so I can disappear like Batman whenever I need to :P
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    One of my sons will come to my bathroom door and want to have a conversation while I'm in there. I've said "What if I went upstairs and talked to you while you were using the bathroom"? He relied. "Ewwww. That's just weird, mom". Double standards, I tell ya!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I have to do everything during the 30 mins that Caillou is on. Otherwise forget it.
    Oh and as far as my 2 year old is concerned the bathroom is his domain.
  • andivaclavicek
    Options
    One of the reasons DVRs are a "neccessity". It takes us about 2 hours to watch a 1 hour show. :b