Fast Food Options?

Options
Everyone knows we all have some meals where we absolutely do not want to be in the kitchen. My diet is lower carbs at night, high protein. Can anyone suggest any fast food options?

Replies

• ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Everyone knows we all have some meals where we absolutely do not want to be in the kitchen. My diet is lower carbs at night, high protein. Can anyone suggest any fast food options?

I personally go for the wendy's wraps that are grilled without sauce if I don't have any way to eat my regular meals. Since I work from my home that barely happens. It honestly depends on what kind of food you want to eat. If you have a pollo tropical near you that is a good fast food place as well. Are you looking to eat burgers, or just eat something healthy outside of your house that you can find in a fast food place?
  • Nikkers25
    Nikkers25 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm just lazy tonight. My fiance is a firefighter and works 24 hours at a time. Nothing "pre planned" in my fridge sounds good. I know I could do like Chick-Fil-A or Burger King...just wish either restaurant let you customize the order (no bun or 1/2 bun) as far as nutrition goes, ya know? No pollo here - basically working with taco bell (not really feeling it), burger king, mcdonalds, chickfila, rallys, qdoba, wendys... I would LOVE french fries but I'll say no tonight. My "cheat meal" is on Thursdays night.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    mcnuggets :D
  • SamanthaAnnM
    SamanthaAnnM Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Chipotle close by? You can get a bowl with no (or minimal) rice with meat and black beans, veggies, salsa, lettuce, etc. And you might be able to get something similar at Qdoba? (I've never been, personally).
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Yes Qdoba is like a Chipotle.

I would go there. Skip the flour tortilla, and watch the cheese/sour cream/guac calories.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    2 mcdoubles no bread no cheese no ketchup add mayo extra pickles on shredded lettuce.
    sometimes i get one with cheese.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    I'm just lazy tonight. My fiance is a firefighter and works 24 hours at a time. Nothing "pre planned" in my fridge sounds good. I know I could do like Chick-Fil-A or Burger King...just wish either restaurant let you customize the order (no bun or 1/2 bun) as far as nutrition goes, ya know? No pollo here - basically working with taco bell (not really feeling it), burger king, mcdonalds, chickfila, rallys, qdoba, wendys... I would LOVE french fries but I'll say no tonight. My "cheat meal" is on Thursdays night.

yes they do. if you cant eat bread, they can't force you too! ask for anything you want on lettuce. every food place i've been to is accomodating.

i don't go to chick fil a because they're dumb, but BK does for sure.
  • MisterOtter
    Options
    "Don't eat any foods you've ever seen advertised on television."

-Michael Pollan
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Pita Pit!
  • fayelein
    fayelein Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    If you go to Macdonalds you could get a couple of their hamburgers, ask for no relish. When they come throw the bread away straight away so you just have the meat patty. Eat with one of their garden salads (which I think is just tomato lettuce and cucumber).
  • ashbee03
    ashbee03 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Pita Pit!

AGREED !
    OR SUBWAY !
  • fitnesspalloser
    fitnesspalloser Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    tostada without the cheese and don't eat the shell. So good and good for you - try it with shredded chicken - El Pollo Loco
  • Nikkers25
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I'm headed out to run some errands. Keep posting and I'll check in later tonight with what I got ;)
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS choose McDs grilled chicken on bacon ranch salad with lite balsamic dressing when I have to eat fast food. Its a bit salty,but only around 260 calories. It works for lunch or dinner. I add aprotein bar when it is for dinner sometimes
  • Welshie_girl
    Welshie_girl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I make my own "junk food" I use whole wheat wraps instead of bread, grill my burgers or steak, or chicken add arugula tomato, onion and Wholy guacamole.... Sometimes I hear that evil voice inside and throw it on 15 grains bread.... In a mood for mexican ??? Brown rice, refried beans, lean ground beef or chicken and add taco bell seasoning.... I like making my own food.... Its healthier and I know whats in it.... Once in a while I will break and get BK... I don't eat bottom part of the roll and no mayo.... :)

PS It takes about 20 minutes or less to cook it :)
  • Nikkers25
    Options
    I went with Burger King - I got a Whopper JR with NO mayo or ketchup, extra pickles. A side salad & 4 piece chicken (to add to the salad and get more protein). I asked for Balsamic Vinegarette but realized when I got all the way home, they gave me ranch :( So I threw that away and also the croutons and used my Ken's Light Olive Oil & Vinegar dressing.

Mission tonight - not to cook but still somewhat healthy.

I came in at 530 calories, 42g carbs, 27g fat & 27g protein. A lil high with calories for one meal, especially dinner, but I am still under my calorie goal for the day.

FYI - the side salads are HUGE and only $1.49 where I live!
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Hardees has a low carb burger, Wendy's chili, Subway salad, Arbys and just have them hold the bun, Qdoba naked taco salad.