Hi, my name is Sandi

Options
Hi, I just found this site and think it looks great. I have joined in hopes of meeting a lot of new and wonderful fellow weight watcher friends and getting as well as giving support. I have tried lots of sites but I truly think this one looks the most promising and since it is free one certainly cannot say the cost is prohibitive. I am a divorced 62 year old mother and grandmother with a lot of health problems which all can be greatly helped if not completely eliminated by significant weight loss so I am ready to get started and am more committed than ever this time around to stick to it. I look forward to meeting you all and getting to know you. Have a wonderful and restful night and Ill see you in the morning. Toodles for now, Sandi:happy:

Replies

• Mommabee
    Mommabee Posts: 103
    Options
    Hi Sanid, I'm Chrissy, welcome aboard! This is a great site, lots of great people with great ideas and lots of support. Having someplace to log all you eat and your exercise really helps with keeping you on track.
    Can't wait to share your progress! Have a great night!
    Hugs!!!:flowerforyou:
  • mssandik62
    Options
    Hi Chrissy. Congrats on losing 14 pounds..that is great!!! Keep up the good work and I will keep you posted on my progress as well. Hugs to you too. Sandi:smile:
  • Rosebud1956
    Options
    Hi Sandi, you will enjoy this site. Welcome to our journey. You will be amazed at the calories you eat daily. I have found this site especially helpful in keeping track of what I am eating. Good luck.
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Sandi!

I think you will enjoy using this site. Having a place for a food diary has helped me a lot. I used to be on WW but with the economy I decided this would work just as well for me.

I heard the other day: Don't drink your calories. Drink lots of water. I like plain seltzer water. I get the fizz w/out the calories. We have practically cut out sodas in our house. My friend's son lost 15 pounds in no time just cutting out his sodas. (of course he's 16 1/2 yrs old and has a high metabolism but still).

Mush success to you!

Cindy
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Welcome, Sandi,

This is a great site.......besides weighing and measuring your food and getting good exercise, it would help to find a supportive group on MFP so you have friends who want to hear from you every day and want to hear about your weight loss success and failure........The Women 50+ and Senior Golden Sneakers are two great groups that have helped me a lot. There are lots of great groups with challenges and support

Take it one day at a time
    Take baby steps
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Drink a lot of watere:drinker: :drinker: