plateaud...

Options
I think. I am not sure. All I know is I stopped loosing, and its driving me nuts! I need advice! Because I have lots more fat to loose. Feel free to look at my diary, because I need help =)

Replies

• CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Your Dairy is private. What's your BMR/TDEE/calorie intake/weight? Why do you think you've pleateued? Have you been at the same weight for a month or more?

Suggestion: Eat at TDEE for at least a few weeks and then do a cut 10-20% cut
  • Mels707
    Mels707 Posts: 101
    Options
    I don't think your diary is open

How long has it been since you lost anything? What about exercise?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,051 Member
    Options
    How long is this "plateau"?

Go here to open your Food Diary : http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    It happens to all of us, believe me. I hear all the time, "it doesnt matter what the scale says how do your clothes fit, its muscle,its water weight.....blah, blah ,blah! I WANT TO SEE THE SCALE GO DOWN! I will never understand how I can do cardio 3-4 times a week and walk 60 miles a week ( with a bit of running ) still trying to learn to breathe doing this...haha .... and the scale is the same if not a few pounds more. It truly drives me nuts! BUT.............I just keep going. :))) I have weighed the same for 3 weeks. Actually gained a few. It's ok - b/c I will beat this.
  • zaxmom09
    zaxmom09 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    :sad: I feel your pain!
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    The only thing I could suggest is to cut out the Chinese buffet and the processed foods like McDonalds and hot dogs. Try to eat a little cleaner. Add more vegetables and fruits. That might break your plateau.
  • Mels707
    Options
    Can I ask what you did to earn 3012 extra calories from exercise the other day? Because if that is for real you are under fueling! Maybe it was really 301 cal?
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    You've lost 13 pounds since June. How is that a plateau?
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    It should be open now =) I have weight the same for about a month. I workout A LOT, burn between 500 and 2000 calories a day eating I try to be healthy, hasnt been, my excuse is that I've been working every day. I need more info about diet and that. I can count calories with the best of them, but what to eat and where my calories come from is somewhat of an issue for me.
  • CrystalDreams
    Options
    Can I ask what you did to earn 3012 extra calories from exercise the other day? Because if that is for real you are under fueling! Maybe it was really 301 cal?

I am a swim teacher and often go to the gym too. I swim for five hours. burns so many calories!
  • Mels707
    Options
    You are swimming constantly for five hours? Or you are just in the pool instructing? I'm sure you burn lots of cals, but the ones you are logging seem impossible.

Also, I'm sure I don't need to tell you that the 2500 kcal dinner the other night was too much!

Honestly, my best guess is that you are eating too much and overestimating exercise calories.

Here's my suggestion: get a waterproof heart rate monitor which will tell you exactly what you are burning in the pool
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    How are you estimating your calorie burns?

What's your TDEE (sedentary and active)?
    What's your BMR?
  • CrystalDreams
    Options
    Calories burned are being estimated through mfp, except for the machines, I record what the machines say at the gym. And I swim, tread water, keep children afloat for about five hours, not to mention the running around in the shallow end. Plus I don't float as well as I did so now I have to work harder to keep my head about water. Mfp overestimates, but I know I defiantly burn a lot of calories in the pool. And I would love to be able to afford a waterproof heart monitor. Know where I can find an affordable one? =)

I have been eating badly. Probably should have fixed that before complaining on here. My apologies =)
  • CrystalDreams
    Options
    How are you estimating your calorie burns?

What's your TDEE (sedentary and active)?
    What's your BMR?

what is TDEE?
  • Mels707
    Options
    Google tdee calculator scooby

Fill it out, using "strenuous exercise". Eat the number they give you for "tdee - 20%". Eat that amount every day and see what happens. If you are starving, slowly increase cals until you aren't.
  • CrystalDreams
    Options
    Google tdee calculator scooby

Fill it out, using "strenuous exercise". Eat the number they give you for "tdee - 20%". Eat that amount every day and see what happens. If you are starving, slowly increase cals until you aren't.

thankyou =) omg best thing ever!!!!
  • CrystalDreams
    Options
    You've lost 13 pounds since June. How is that a plateau?

ive gone a month were i have flutuated between 212 and 210. i only record once a week. i weigh myself every day though. pretty sure its just my eating =/
  • kmb2522
    kmb2522 Posts: 48
    Options
    I teach swim lessons to I never record that in my exercise because I feel like its just like standing on your feet everyday. Try only loggin your actual exercises not teaching
  • CrystalDreams
    Options
    I teach swim lessons to I never record that in my exercise because I feel like its just like standing on your feet everyday. Try only loggin your actual exercises not teaching

i dont know where you taught, but all i know is i am never still, constantly swimming, walking, demonstrating, treading water, supporting kids in the deep end, and am usually exhausted after a days work. and until now i've been losing 2-3 pounds a week working there.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'd suspect you're overestimating the calorie burn as well. Something like a Polar FT4 is waterproof, as long as you follow the directions, and costs less than $70, IIRC.