GNC Lean Shakes

Options
I want to start doing meal replacements and I was wondering has anyone tried the GNC Lean Shakes? What were your experiences with them?

Replies

• _Refried_
    _Refried_ Posts: 194
    Options
    Your first mistake was going to gnc, second was meal replacement shakes. Gnc has the highest prices and is nothing mode than a name, meal replacement shakes are not good because you will be hungry 30 minutes or sooner after you drink one. They are meant for the occasional miss d meal ect and not as a diet, get a diet plan that fits your macros and eat real food. I promise it will be better for you in the long run. AND stay out of GNC unless you have a ton of money you don't need
  • currlygirrl
    currlygirrl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have had both the lean shake and the lean 25 shakes. They taste great have a ton of fiber and make a great fast convenient, healthy meal alternative especially if you pair it with a piece of fruit. I like to either mix mine with coffee to make a frappachino that isn't a sugar or calorie bomb. I have also experimented with different juices to make an Orange Julius like shake too. They taste indulgent but have a lot of nutrients and fiber without the crazy calories and sugar.
  • ToyaDianta
    ToyaDianta Posts: 21
    Options
    thanks for the information!
  • saheil
    saheil Posts: 3
    Options
    I tried the GNC Shakes and didn't like them because they felt gritty even after mixing them. Look into the Body by Vi Shakes, I'm on them right now and love them. No grit and they fill me up. Plus I can add just about anything to change them up with out buying ten different shake mixes. :smile:
  • misty0413
    misty0413 Posts: 212
    Options
    I love the lean shakes. If you go at the first of the month you can do buy one get one half off. I eat one for breakfast all the time. I have a 40 min drive to work and have to get my son ready so I don't have time to cook in the morning. I love the vanilla because you can add fruit . They do have single sample packs as well to try it out.
  • bcsrule
    bcsrule Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love the GNC Total Lean Shake - 25 grams of protien. I get the bottle so I don't have to mess with powders. I did travel with the powder last month and they were like anything other product you really need to shake it. I've been doing breakfast and lunch because of my sch since 11/11. I have the GNC gold card and purchase what I need the first of the month so I get the discount.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I got my daughter the lean strawberry ones cause they had no soy. ( soy allergy) and I am finishing them for her cause needless to say they are rather gacky. I would rather eat eggs.
  • Nikkers25
    Nikkers25 Posts: 7
    Options
    I did the 7 day lean shakes a couple years ago. I followed every instruction. I did not see any progress. You're better off doing Body by V or getting a high protein, low carb (like Hydro Whey) from Vitamin Shoppe.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    another idea to consider- if you haven't already-
    is to make yogurt smoothies

you can use plain nonfat greek yogurt
    unsweetened almond milk
    and sweeten it with your preferred sweetener,
    and add fresh fruits to it as well
    and can add protein powder to it as well.

Can make them up and take them in reuseable drink boxes as well.

You'll find you'll save yourself a lot more calories, fat, sodium and sugar
  • Izzyrb1234
    Izzyrb1234 Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm just starting out here, but I make a smoothie with coconut milk, gnc chocolate , add fruit, a little almond butter, yogurt, and cinnamon. The fruit is melon and/ or blueberries, whatever I have....I love them....
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    30 Carbs per serving. A Snickers bar has 37. What do you think? Healthy?

I would say most certainly not.
  • texastango
    texastango Posts: 309
    Options
    Can't speak for GNC Lean Shakes

What to look for:

Whey protein shakes that don't add cholesterol.

Why? - The body makes all the cholesterol it needs. Added outside sources of bad cholesterol or fat aren't the best idea if you don't need to. Whey Compounds have contaminents like lactose and cholesetrol. They are biochemically and hormonally more active than filtered products. Whey Isolates are filtered and contain no cholestrol or lactocse - in general. Hydrozylates are fast acting and you really don't have to worry about this if your not muscle building or doing competitive atheletics. Even then, it could be argued there is limited benefit.

Protein shakes are high in protein, but have little fiber. Try this for a nice alternative and filling mean replacement.

Jay Robb (or equivalent) Strawberry Whey Protein 110 cals
    HEB Berry Medley - frozen - strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries.1 cup 107 cals
    4 ice cubes
    Almond Unsweetened Milk 1/2 cup 20 calories no sugar
    Added treat - although it adds some saturated fat and sugar - Blue Bell "Summer Berries" Ice Cream - 2 - 3 tablespoons 60 cals

The whole thing totals approximately 310 calories with the ice cream, 31 grams of protein, 8 grams of fiber, and 14 grams of sugar - half from the frozen fruit.

The whole thing totals

2012-07-07212732.jpg

2012-07-03000423.jpg

2012-07-07212704.jpg

8443442.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Your first mistake was going to gnc, second was meal replacement shakes. Gnc has the highest prices and is nothing mode than a name, meal replacement shakes are not good because you will be hungry 30 minutes or sooner after you drink one. They are meant for the occasional miss d meal ect and not as a diet, get a diet plan that fits your macros and eat real food. I promise it will be better for you in the long run. AND stay out of GNC unless you have a ton of money you don't need

^
    Eating solid food makes it a lot easier to not be hungry.
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I <3 GNC Total Lean swiss chocolate, ready to drink. Ok, so they are under $4 per bottle… is that really more expensive than something at the grocery store? Nope. 25g protein, 6 g fat, 6 g carbs - I see nothing wrong there. Lactose free - even better. 170 cals total. I say, go in and sample one (they let you do that). I have a hard time physically eating that much protein in one day, and also having to cook that much protein in one day. Drinking the shakes makes my day so much easier.
  • s_mcdaniel
    Options
    I mix the shakes with orange juice and frozen fruit. The end result is like 12 - 16 ounces but its not gritty and it tastes great. Try this and you should not have the gritty taste any more.
  • s_mcdaniel
    Options
    I love the GNC Lean shakes. If I were you I would try replacing one or two meals with the shakes, and adding snacks to my regimen. Keep in mind the shakes at most are like 250 calories and we should be eating at least 1500 to 1800 calories ( I asked my physician). So if you replace two meals with these shakes you still need to make up the balance in healthy snacks. and round it off with another healthy mean.
  • treed4
    treed4 Posts: 66
    Options
    I've tried the meal shakes in a can and they just don't fill you up. I now make smoothies in the morning. They usually consist of whatever fruit I have on hand, spinach, milk, ice cubes, plain ff yogurt, and protein powder. They are filling, good tasting and satisfying!
  • WhiteCloud9
    WhiteCloud9 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • realtreegirl
    Options
    Hi there, I just got the Lean Shakes from GNC last Tuesday. I got the Chocolate Swiss 25 and Mixed Berry 25 and have been drinking one for breakfast and one for lunch for the last 3 days. I also eat a small mid morning and mid afternoon snack for example things like dry roasted almonds, sugar free jello, and then had a sensible dinner for example things like fish, chicken, subway sandwich and of course veggies and my favorite, sweet potato fries :) I have been walking for at least an hour each day and so far I have lost 3 pounds :happy: I really love the chocolate swiss and the Mixed Berry is pretty good also and I mix them both with 4 oz skim milk and 6 oz of very cold water which makes the shake worth about 250 calories and it seems to keep me full for at least 4 hours! I am planning on doing this for the next 3 weeks and see where I am with my weight and then see where I feel like I need to go from there!!
  • elaws1234
    Options
    How did the other three weeks go?