Serving size??

Options
I could really use some help.

I am trying to find a site that I can enter my recipes in, That will give me the calories that are in a serving and how much is a serving. I have tried the one on MFP but it did not tell me how much a serving was once I added everything in...

EXAMPLE . Tuscan Pasta I know there are 8 servings When I make it and the calories are 186 per serving( Per MFP) But no where did it say how much the serving is..

Any help with find a site would be much appreciated

Thank you.

Replies

• Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    If you have a food scale, weigh the whole thing, divide by the number of servings. If not, use a measuring cup to measure out, then divide by number of servings.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    Right, if you already know there are eight servings you just need to measure the batch. :huh:
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is a site that will tell you what the serving size is...you decide that by telling it how many servings you want it to be. Then, as someone else said, weigh the whole thing and divide by how many servings you said it was.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I usually cut something into even parts and then there are your servings or I take 1/2 - 1 cup measuring cups and scoop until it's measured.
  • BrandeeRae79
    Options
    Thanks, I was just hoping there was a site that did it for me...
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    there can't really be a site that will do it for you because it doesn't know the variables you are using. the only reason serving sizes exist is because someone came up with them. so you have to come up with yours for any custom recipes you make.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I could really use some help.

I am trying to find a site that I can enter my recipes in, That will give me the calories that are in a serving and how much is a serving. I have tried the one on MFP but it did not tell me how much a serving was once I added everything in...

EXAMPLE . Tuscan Pasta I know there are 8 servings When I make it and the calories are 186 per serving( Per MFP) But no where did it say how much the serving is..

Any help with find a site would be much appreciated

Thank you.

Maybe I am not understanding the question but how much does the recipe make? 4 cups would mean a serving is 1/2 cup, 8 cups would mean 1 cup is a serving.