Hello

Options
Hey everyone! I'm Carla, and I have been overweight for as long as i can remember, but I stepped significantly over the morbid obesity line after I left an abusive marriage while pregnant with my second child. I resigned myself to being obese for the rest of my life until I realized that if my obesity kills me, my kids will go to their father...who hasnt had anything to do with them for two years. So I'm on a journey to improve my health and also improve my life and the life of my kids.

On top of losing 150, I also am spending the next two years in nursing school to get my RN. I figure if I'm going to improve my life in one way, I might as well improve it in as many ways as possible! I'm hoping to build a strong support group on here, so I'd love to gather a good friend base to provid mutual support!

Replies

• jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the abusive marriage...but congrats on doing stuff to take care of yourself and kids. Add me as a friend and we can lose together...have a great day
  • lilimini
    lilimini Posts: 56
    Options
    Hey Carla! Doing all these things for yourself will make you a better person! You will just feel so much better about yourself and you will be a stronger person! Don't forget to keep the same motivation you have now!

Your kids must be so proud of you for being so strong! They are very lucky to have a good role model as their mum. Keep up the great work.
  • jarrettbm
    jarrettbm Posts: 1
    Options
    Great choice Carla I wish you luck! You got this way to take the first step! Keep us informed on how it is going.
  • lglavish
    lglavish Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi Carla!
  • CassandraM22
    Options
    Hi, Carla! :) You will make a great nurse, I'm sure, and congrats on starting your weight loss trip. It isnt easy, but it is soo much worth it. Every pound lost is more time with your family!
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are now on the right track! Wishing you great success in your journey to a healthier life. :flowerforyou: