6-Day challenge anyone?

Options
Ok, so here's the deal. Everyone time I run across a tempting treat I have a hard time turning it down because I keep thinking New Years and my new resolutions are just around the corner. I was wondering if anyone wanted to do a 6 day challenge to make it through this last holiday week? I'm hoping to lose 1.5 pounds and I think reporting back next Friday the 1st will hold me accountable. So if anyone wants to jump in, feel free! My game plan: I'm going to be starting week 3 of Barry's boot camp and walking the dog every day until New Years!

Starting weight : 214

Goal by next Friday 212.5

Em

Replies

• timmijop
    timmijop Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am totally down!! Doing Jillians Michaels 30 day shred and starting c25k this week as well!

I will hope to loose 1.5lbs as well

starting weight 164
  • turtle31
    turtle31 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm down for whatever, I just bought my husband a Wii for Christmas and I can't stop playing it.

Turtle 12/25/09: 210.5
    Goal next Friday: 208- i want to lose 2 pounds if possible
  • wmb0124
    wmb0124 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i'm in! currently weigh 157, so i'll make my goal weight 156. good idea!
  • dachinababe
    Options
    I'm in too. having a tough time eating healthy and workout cause its the holidays, my body has been on vaca for too long. 6 days it is. 5 days now
  • Emilydmo
    Emilydmo Posts: 101
    Options
    Yea! You guys are awesome. It is definitely going to help me from falling into the trap of eating ALL the leftover christmas candy at work. Tentative plan today: Start with a nice stroll with the dog, then tonight do some strength training and some cardio at the gym!
  • turtle31
    turtle31 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Good morning Emily. I plan to do some cardio today either on the Wii or at the YMCA. I'll check in later on today. Good luck.:wink:
  • Emilydmo
    Options
    I know this is a small group, but I'm still gonna keep bumping this until the first :) I was feeling so sluggish this morning, slept in and had a total carb and ice-cream induced food hangover, but after taking the dog for a three mile walk, a little cardio at the gym and some solid strength training I feel so awesome again! Hope everyone else had a good day, too!

Turtle, I hope you had a good workout! I'm so jealous of your WII, that's hopefully going to be my next big present to myself when I break out of the 200's!
  • timmijop
    Options
    Hi everyone!! Hope you all are doing well! Keep a positive out look on the next few days and think about all that you can accomplish and how much better you will feel about yourself going into the new year!!!!!
  • fowlmeli1093
    Options
    Count me down!! I need as much motivation as I can get...my goal is to lose at least a pound!!:happy:
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    im in too!
    gonna start the 'your body your life' exercise plan along with the strictly come dancing dvd
    and eat aroud 1400-1600cals a day
    cw: 147.8
    goal: 146.5
  • 2011JAM
    2011JAM Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I think a little challenge is totally in order, even if there are only 4 days left for ,me.....1.5lb would be fab as i've eaten like a pig for a week put on about half a stone...

starting 202.6:frown:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I'm getting on board a little late, but I'm in. I keep telling myself, "You can start over on January 1st", but I don't want to wait. If I can't get a grip on it now, how will I magically get a grip on the 1st of January? I was up about 4 pounds at last weigh-in, so I'm probably up about 7 now. I've adjusted my pounds lost on my ticker. I hope to lose that 7 pounds pretty quickly.

Goal: No sweets, exercise every day, stay under my calories
  • aida67
    Options
    Im in....starting weight 135, ending weight goal this week 134. Im doing jillian michaels 30 day shred as well as walking 4 miles 5 days a week, Im just starting week two today.
  • Emilydmo
    Options
    Hey all, I hope everyone is avoiding those holiday left-overs! :) 4 more days left to work out, eat healthy and hit 2010 going strong!! I did 60 min of interval on the elliptical and Barry's Boot Camp Wk3D2, so I'm feeling pretty good about that.

Sounds like we got some ambitious people in this group, so good luck all!
  • timmijop
    Options
    Good morning my fellow challanger!!!! Hope yesterday went as planned, no worries though! Each day is a new beginning and you can do this!!!! Start off today thinking about your goals, your motovation and how good it will feels to reach those goals! Push through that work out and think about what your about to eat and know that you will start 2010out right. Have you heard the saying what you are doing at midnight new years eve into new years day is what you will be doing for the rest of the year? The Idea of living a healthy life style in 2010 is so optomistic!!!! So get those bodies moving everyone!!! You got this
  • 2011JAM
    Options
    yeah "jumping around doin a jig" my scales say 1lb gone :)
  • Emilydmo
    Options
    Awesome, timmijop - that is EXACTLY what I needed today!! It felt like so much effort to get up and go work out tonight but you are right, I need to hit the ground running in 2010! It totally helps get my butt moving after reading all the support and encouragement on MFP! I ended up working out really hard at the gym today (1 hr elliptical + 45 minute circuit training - WHEW!) and I think I've changed my attitude about the holidays. Yea, lots of tempting food, but also some good extra days off to get in those extra intense, jump start workouts :)

Daveandjulieann - Congrats on the 1lb down! Feels so good, doesn't it?!
  • 2011JAM
    Options
    OH my goodness, my xmas flab is going, I've reached my goal already....... i've beat it by 1.5lb..... 199.6 this morning.....
    Thanks for encouragement Emilydmo.....

lol just thought there should be a chocolate anonamous... i could say its been, a whole day since my last fix....and it feels good as we still have them lying about woohhoo:laugh: happy days
  • timmijop
    Options
    daveandjulieann-Great Job!!! Keep up the hard work. , doesnt it feel great accomplishing your goals? Some of us fall into that trap after we succeed that we deserve that big peice of chocolate cake or that extra helping and things start to get out of control. The next thing you know your looking at the scale feeling defeated. (can you tell I have been there hahah) Keep making goals and stay strong!! YOU ROCK!!!!

Emilydmo-thanks! Way to be motovated today, sounds like an awesome workout! bet you are feeling great today too!!!!

Yesterday definately got in a butt kicking work out on my end as well. Day 2 Week1 of c25k +2.5miles walking(5miles total) , Day4 L2 30 day shred. and 1 hour yoga and strength with my wii fit plus! I crave exercise now.

My daughter loves SId the Science Kid (jim henson pbs show) and the episode yesterday was about exercise. All day the song was going through my head that they sung. "work your body every body, work your body like you should, everybody work your body make your body feel real good, work your body every body you'll feel better when you do, when you work your body than your bodies going to work for you" It is strange where the motovations come from but they were definalty part of my driving force yesterday. I need to be a positive role model for my daughter and I want her growing up thinking exercise is fun and wanting to go out and play and live a healthy life.

Keep it up my challangers!!!! We are almost there!!!!! you guys are my motovation today. It feels good to have someone to be accountable to (that I dont change their diapers hahah). So every one "Work your body every body you'll feel better when you do" To a happier and healthier 2010
  • 2011JAM
    Options
    OMG i couldnt believe it this morning, 197.4!!! I really am surprised, I haven't dieted since november really, so thats all i can put it down to, I've been on a diet for almost 3 yrs now yawn, keep getting fed up and fall of wagon....
    I was doing well until Jan 09 when i was really ill and had a bleed on my brain, so exersice was out the window, While in hospital i lost 11lb lol in just 2 weeks i was 183lbs then ( iwould so love to be that now:laugh: :laugh: ) So as I try to make myself feel better after putting on, i think maybe i havent done too bad.
    Taking up this little challenge has made me feel much more possitve so thanks for that Emilydmo....... I do hope there is more coming for 2010 lol

Thanks for kind words timmijop, i just hope i dont fall of the wagon again.... You have done really amazing, how long has it taken you?

Managed gym yesterday, burnt 469cal, probably why i did well.....

total lost 5lb yehaaa:smile:

303177.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter