Peanut Butter Addiction

Options

Replies

• Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I have found where "my people" live. PB junkie right here...Love the Peanut Butter!!!
  • flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I love PB and try not to let a day go by w/o having my snack of a banana and PB! Like to have it for breakfast sometimes too, the banana, PB and a chocolate (no sugar) vitatop....
  • sweetbeckymarie
    Options
    I am right there with you! I have a major peanut butter addiction, I love all varieties and know that having it in the house is just a bad idea. a serving seems so small compared to what i really consume, but I've noticed it sort of fills me up so much that it ruins my appetite for a long time after eating it. as long as you are under your calorie goal i see no problem with hittin' the jar a bit (choose natural without added sugars and salts if you want to be really good).
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    I eat a ton of nuts and peanut butter every day. To the tune of 75-100g of fat per day. I don't eat any other significant source of fat except Greek yogurt. As far as weight loss, I had no trouble losing and am having no trouble maintaining. As far as the amount of fat goes . . . no idea, I'm hoping it's OK!
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    Great Value - Creamy Peanut Butter , 1 jar = 6,650 cals /245 protein /70 fiber /560 fat /5,250 sodium /0 cholesterol
    Great Value- Colby Jack Cheese, 1 block= 1,760 cals /112 protein /0 fiber /144 fat /2,880 sodium /480 cholesterol

For a grand total of = 8,410 cals /357 protein /70 fiber /704 fat /8,130 sodium /480 cholesterol

Okay, maybe I had a little bit of a peanut butter addiction (this used to be a nightly thing for me in a 12 hours shift at work:noway: !)

Thank god I started eatin better!!!!
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Maybe give PB 2 a try..less on all the bad...pretty much the same on all the goods! :) I loooove me my peanut butter chocolate whey protein shakes....MM MM!
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 45 pounds and eat PB every single day....couldn't live without it :-)
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    addicted - LS natural nutty **sighs**
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I LOVE peanut butter! I favor the taste of JIF creamy the most but only buy it occasionally. I make my own otherwise because I can control what is going into it. I can keep it as organic and all natural as I want and I keep the bad fats out of it. =) Enjoy your PB!
  • rachelelizabeth88
    rachelelizabeth88 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I know I have this problem with peanut butter-- I go through phases of peanut butter, almond butter, and sunflower seed butter (yum!) and then I go through weeks where I don't want it at all... it's probably just your body telling you you need the fat in your diet. Try increasing that
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Try PB2....a friend of mine swears by it....and just brought a case of it from amazon.
  • DfantaBeneFIT
    Options
    As mentioned in previous posts, while you may not GAIN weight , you are likely not promoting proper nitrogen balance. I think all MFP members need to realize NOT hitting your calorie goals is not necessarily a good thing. Be more focused on where it's coming from and when. Consider spacing your food out and making protein the star of the show for most meals.
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Try PB2....a friend of mine swears by it....and just brought a case of it from amazon.

ME TOO!!!

PB2+chocolate TO DIE FOR!
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I have a peanut butter addiction and hummus addiction. I'd say as long as you are within your calorie range, eating enough vegetables and fruits it doesn't matter.
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I HAVE FOUND MY PB JUNKIES! I can eat PB with nothing but a spoon. I refuse to cut it out of my diet. It's so good for you! It's full of good fats and has protein!

I did make the switch to organic/natural peanut butter to cut back on a lot of the sugar and processed ingredients, though. If your grocery store has Justin's I wholeheartedly suggest it! Best PB I have EVER had, and they also make amazing almond butter. My boyfriend and I will go to blows to get the last bite of it. Their chocolate almond butter = heaven. I could eat an entire jar in a sitting if I let myself.

The ingredients list for Justin's Chocolate Peanut butter: Dry Roasted Peanuts, Organic Evaporated Cane Sugar, Organic Cocoa Powder, Organic Cocoa Butter, Organic Palm Fruit Oil, Natural Vanilla, Sea Salt.

I can even pronounce them all!

http://www.justinsnutbutter.com/
  • LisaGore1
    LisaGore1 Posts: 41
    Options
    Are you eating all natural/organic peanut butter? I'm convinced the corn syrup is the addictive part of peanut butter. Once I switched to the natural stuff I stopped craving it like I used to.
    When i switched to natural i actually craved it more.... I rarely ate the sugar filled kind I didnt care for it but give me a jar of the natural and I'm all over it.
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    yeah, I just posted today on FB that I couldn't exist if there were no more peanut butter. lol

I will always include it in my healthy eating lifestyle as it has never posed a problem for me before. I even indulge in PB2!
  • pennell12
    pennell12 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    First week of this and my first slip up was, of course, pnut butter!!! :love:
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    i've been on this site over a year...i've had PB pretty much each day...i'm down 31 pounds :)
  • PixelTreason
    PixelTreason Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I lost all of my weight, hit my goal weight and then passed it all while eating at least a serving (2-3 tbsp / at least 200 cals) of almond butter every single day.