my first NSV!! Involving jeans :)

Options
So, before I got pregnant I was 125.. but no muscle. pretty much skinny fat. I gained 50lbs with my son, and lost a lot right away, but have been in the 140's for awhile (I'm only 5'2). I am now about 140ish (haven't weighed yet this week).... but have been working out every day and I can sort of see my body changing a bit, even though I'm not as "skinny" as I was before.

Well, when I was 125 I borrowed my niece's (she is 12) jeans and would wear them. I just found them today at the bottom of my drawer and decided to see how bad it was... THEY FIT!!! The freaking fit! and looked good! I wasn't busting out of them or busting over the top!

What the?! This is great! just wanted to share. :)

So no, she cannot have them back...lol

Replies

• MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    So, before I got pregnant I was 125.. but no muscle. pretty much skinny fat. I gained 50lbs with my son, and lost a lot right away, but have been in the 140's for awhile (I'm only 5'2). I am now about 140ish (haven't weighed yet this week).... but have been working out every day and I can sort of see my body changing a bit, even though I'm not as "skinny" as I was before.

Well, when I was 125 I borrowed my niece's (she is 12) jeans and would wear them. I just found them today at the bottom of my drawer and decided to see how bad it was... THEY FIT!!! The freaking fit! and looked good! I wasn't busting out of them or busting over the top!

NICE!!! My triumph was finally buying a pair of matchstick jeans from J Crew...

It's a good feeling-good for you!
  • alikonner
    alikonner Posts: 67
    Options

NICE!!! My triumph was finally buying a pair of matchstick jeans from J Crew...

It's a good feeling-good for you!

Nice! That's great! Congrats!! Woo!!!!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    LOL...great NSV!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Nice NSV....gotta love those jeans. They either make it or break it.
  • tlo23
    tlo23 Posts: 68
    Options
    Awesome! Nothing like a goal pair of clothing that FITS - woo hoo!!
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! I wouldn't give them back either. :smile:
  • Liasings
    Liasings Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Yay for you!
    Too bad for your niece! :laugh:
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean...I was wearing a 12 on jeans day for weeks and weeks and they were falling down (then I belted them). So, right before the high school reunion, I went to buy a 10...too big. 8....well, a little baggy, but no way if the jeans I bought were a 6.

I have never been a 6...and I was skinny in high school. This is the craziest life changing experience I've had and that includes:

Childbirth
    Divorce
    College
    First after-college job
    Sister pregnant
    Mom dying
    Remarriage
    Purchasing first house
    First Grandchild
    The Layoff from the Dream Job

The best part---I relive the feeling every Friday when I put on those jeans! Savor this moment because it is going to last you a lifetime!
  • alikonner
    alikonner Posts: 67
    Options
    I know what you mean...I was wearing a 12 on jeans day for weeks and weeks and they were falling down (then I belted them). So, right before the high school reunion, I went to buy a 10...too big. 8....well, a little baggy, but no way if the jeans I bought were a 6.

I have never been a 6...and I was skinny in high school. This is the craziest life changing experience I've had and that includes:

Childbirth
    Divorce
    College
    First after-college job
    Sister pregnant
    Mom dying
    Remarriage
    Purchasing first house
    First Grandchild
    The Layoff from the Dream Job

The best part---I relive the feeling every Friday when I put on those jeans! Savor this moment because it is going to last you a lifetime!

Ahhh that's amazing!!!
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Rock those jeans!
  • tosmoothash
    tosmoothash Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Strut your stuff in those jeans!!!!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Great!!! Working out is awesome!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!