Post-Christmas Workout

Options
So I know some (a lot) of us were enjoying a lot of foods we seldom eat in the past two days!!
What are we doing to get back on track today??

I did/am doing:

30 minutes fasted cardio on exercise bike
Week 2 Day 2 of Freeway to 10K (35 min walk/run intervals @ 5.7 mph, 8 min warmup/cooldown)
Full Body Lifting Session (Hang Cleans, Squats, Stiff Leg Deadlift, Lunges, Leg Curls, Calf Press, Standing Rows, Lat Pull, Push Ups, Incline Flyes, Triceps Extensions, Dips, Shoulder Series [for all delts], Incline Curls, Weighted Decline Situps, Bicycles...2-3 sets, 8-15 Reps...PASS OUT)

1400 Calories (40/30/30)

I'll probably need a nap at some point today! :laugh:

Replies

• daad13
    daad13 Posts: 68
    Options
    Wow, that workout will probably burn all the calories from the Holidays and more
    Lol.
    I just recently started, and I've been getting tired of my usual workout, which is always a 30 minute cardio, running or jogging in place.
    I don't have any exercising machines (I may be getting a wii fit soon) and its too cold where I live to go out and work out.
    Do you have any ideas, that could help me burn some calories, other than what I have beenn doing? :smile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    printing and modifying a bit........but doable!

Now to get to the gym!!

My family was LOL at me. Over the past 3 days I have been cooking and cleaning......cleaning and cooking.

I got down to fill the tree, and did a 1 minute plank :laugh:

So throughout the day as I was doing whatever, I threw in exercise!!

Put the cans in the cubbard? No prob-shorty here needs a chair so I did 10 step ups on each leg (am so proud I can lift my body weight 2 ft in the air!!! )

Pick up paper........drop and give me push ups girl!!

I had so much fun and I didnt gain 1 pound!!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    AWTY, you are awesome!! You really 'get' this lifestyle...finding ways to make yourself healthier no matter what you're doing, and having such a positive outlook on it! GREAT job. :drinker:

@daad: There are a lot of bodyweight exercises you can do that are still challenging! From the bottom up...

Jumping Jacks
    Jump Squats
    High Knees
    Wall Sits
    Lunges
    Sit Ups
    Bicycles
    Leg Lifts
    Planks/Side Planks
    Push Ups
    Triceps Push Ups
    Supermans (Supermen? lol)

If you have a couple heavy objects (gallons of milk/juice) you can do bicep curls as well.

Don't forget to stretch! :smile:
  • lovely2bones
    Options
    If you didn't already get wii. I would seriously consider buying it. It is way less expensive then machines. The wii fit is alright, but I recently got the Biggest Loser game for wii... I played it for 1 round/5 minutes, and I was out of breathe. It's seriously a good workout if you can't get to the gym or if you don't have machines.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I just did two hours shopping. (I'm always more tired after that, than I am after running 5K's.)

After I get home i'm going to do the following in no patrticular order: I'm going to do D1W2 of Gateway to 8K, Clean out the kids toy room to make room for new toys, Assemble new toys, hook up the Wii and Wii fit we got for Christmas and play that until we collapse.

...I think we got it covered.
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options

If you have a couple heavy objects (gallons of milk/juice) you can do bicep curls as well.

Will a couple of cats count as heavy weight objects?
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options

Will a couple of cats count as heavy weight objects?

LOL only for as long as they'll hold still! :wink:

Well I did the 10K program which took 45 min (did extra cooldown) and then lifted 60 min. I was really tired by the end of that!! I'd only eaten 290 cals for breakfast so I was actually a little dizzy. But I felt better once I got home and had lunch. 135 min. of exercise today, woohoo!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    bump... thanks girl!
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I only went to ballet class. About an hour and 15 mins all told and burned about 450 cals. It was a sedate class but a lovely time. Considering that I didn't have time to "oil my joints" beforehand, I had a good class!

If I had that one on pointe, the cal burn would have been about double!