Lacking encouragement & it's only been 10 days :(

Options
Okay guys so I am new to this lol.. So it's been 10 days excercising & dieting.. And I'm not struggling with the switch from unhealthy to healthy foods it's actually quite nice I haven't had any heart burn in about 2 weeks and with taking fish oil, vitamin C & B12 I'm feeling great. Okay now the lagging part, I promised myself no stepping n the scale until at least a month I made this promise to myself because I'm extremely impatient so if I haven't lost a lb in a week I will stop lol. As for excercising I stick to cardio everyday I do an hour of bike riding .. No its not easy I deff feel the burn. Every night I do 15-20 min of calisthenics, and recently I just wanna sleep I don't wanna get on my bike.. I still do but it's ostarting to feel depressing :ohwell: I don't like it the first 5 days I felt great now I'm just lagging:angry: & I don't wanna give up I still have a long way to go ill truly hate myself if I dnt commit to this:brokenheart: .. What should I do ... Also if anyone wants to answer:grumble: lol I was wondering how long before you push yourself another lap or in my case each laps 30 min so, when do you know when to push yourself does it go by weeks days months ? :smooched:

Replies

• ColtyHan
    ColtyHan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are trying to make too many changes too quickly. Since you can tell a difference in how you feel from eating healthier, just focus on that for a while. Then, ease into becoming more active. if you over do it, you might burn out too quickly. You will have ups and downs in this process, but don't use them as an excuse to quit. Focus on the benefits, and don't set your goals too high.
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I think your right, it's just I know I can do this.. I know I can. I have a deadline which is my anniversary I really don't wanna not weigh a certain amount when the time comes. I just need to push myself harder.. It also sucks because I bike ride alone it's. It like I have a partner to encourage me or come knock on my door like " let's go! " lol
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    how drastically have you slashed your calories? eating VLCD and low fat is literally depressing
  • lisanorman6
    lisanorman6 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It's really important that you're giving your body the fuel it needs. What is your dail calorie goal and are you meeting it every day?

Change takes time and when losing weight, slow and steady wins the race. I've had to learn through this journey that I can't rely on the scale to provide me with the victory. It's about more than that. Start looking at non-scale victories. You said that in general you're feeling better...that's for certain a victory!

To help with energy, be sure to make protein at least 30% of your daily diet. This will help as well as you exercise to turn fat into muscle, and help your muscles recover from a work out. One of the biggest things for me was to actually join a gym. Since I pay the dues each month, I feel compelled to go and not waste money. The classes have been super helpful as it's allowed me to connect with other people and hear their stories.

I'd also suggest keeping up with your food diary. I know with small kids that taking the time to do it can feel impossible (story of my life), but the pay off is worth it. This way you can see where problem areas are as well as identify things that are really working for you. Be honest about everything you put in your mouth! MFP is a great way to become and STAY accountable.

The only thing standing in your way of success is you. Never forget that you are worth it - every step, every bike ride around the block, every positive food choice is refining your character and changing more than just the outside. Stick with it! You can do it!
  • mmeddleton
    mmeddleton Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough to maintain the amount of exercise you are doing? Some people are trying to do a lot of exercise and eating only 1200 or less calories a day, leaving them with a net 500 or 600 calories a day. That is not sustainable for a long period of time. If you are comfortable with it and want feedback from members, you may want to open up your diary for others to review. Good luck and hang in there. It is so worth it.
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Okay I wasn't aware diarys are set to private but I just set it to public.. I usually eat about 900 cal a day & I'm literally full like fat stuffed full.. & on days when my body's just not havin it I come in real low like 600 I try so hard not to go under 1200 but theirs really not much I can do without feeling bloated & extremely full.. I've cut out all junk food except for today I was at a BBQ lol. But my pantry is literally snack free.. I don't do my grocery shopping till next week but I plan to load up on un roasted un salted walnuts pistachios & almonds.. I love all of those.. Oh and apples I recently ran out :/.. But eating healthy is not cheap so for now it'll just have to wait until I do my shopping. Im Spanish so my daily logg would of consisted of 3 huge spoons of rice and beans plantains fried chicken or pork chops & sometimes home made mashed potatoes.. Ever since I switched I bake my chicken eat the serving size and replaced rice with sautéed veggies ( French styled green beans, peas, black beans, & spinach) yum. I don't even miss the rice I also used to be a total soda junkie switched to only drinking water for everything just water no juice just water & I don't miss the soda either. When my shopping is done lol hey I'm not perfect I usually have 2 brown eggs shredded cheese & chopped onions tuna fish & purple onions for lunch & baked chicken n veggies or home made vegetable soup for dinner.. & if I didn't have snacks that day I'm literally full. But I've noticed after a work out I'm not hungry like at all .. I even recently went to panera & couldn't finish my meal for the life of me.... Unless I have a huge bag of apples available or any other fruit my stomach will not fit anything else.. I know coming in low is bad but sometimes I can't help it