Chicken Breast--What's your favorite way of cooking it?

Options
Rachel089
Rachel089 Posts: 13
So I've been eating boneless skinless chicken breast like crazy, and while I'm not getting tired of it I am wanting to find new ways to cook/spice it up to prevent me getting burned out. Anyone have any favorite recipes they'd like to share? I pair my proteins with a fibrous veggie (broccoli, spinach, asparagus) so it can get pretty bland at times. What seasonings are great to use? I also eat a lot of tilapia so to any of you fish-lovers, I'm all ears! :)

Replies

• saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I love marinating it for an hour or two then grill it. Add some broccoli to it. My type of meal right there.
  • guacamole17
    guacamole17 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I like lemon pepper or this tunisian spice which is lemon, clove, ginger, and garlic. Its from penzy's spices.
  • corinneselene
    corinneselene Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken can get super boring real fast...If I do grill it, I try to top it with something amazing:

sauteed spinach with a small piece of mozzarella and chopped sundried tomatoes and basil
    cold endive, radicchio and arugula salad

I would check out skinnytaste...the recipes are so easy and calorie conscious...http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/08/chicken-rollatini-stuffed-with-zucchini.html
  • JazzyFizz23
    Options
    Not my favorite - but a good summer taste is to marinate it in equal parts italian dressing, pineapple juice, and white grape juice overnight. Then grill it. It is a unique taste and adds some zing.
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I like to put in on foil, drizzle it lightly with EVOO and then just add a little garlic powder and sliced shallots and then I wrap it up like a baked potato and put in under the broiler. The foil and olive oil holds in all the juices.............it's so good :happy: Another way I like to cook it is to butterfly the breast, sprinkle it with cayenne and cumin and then grill it on my foreman grills. I think slice it thin and eat it with grilled veggies:smile:
  • bandnic
    bandnic Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    spread Kraft French dressing on the chicken and then cook it. It gives it a little zesty taste
  • LisaGore1
    LisaGore1 Posts: 41
    Options
    my favorite is marinate it in mustard and honey and grill yummm
  • cyndispot
    cyndispot Posts: 135
    Options
    I use Franks on my chicken alot - that with a broccoli side is yummo...and often I am able to add a little cheese to the chicken.
    Pan fry it in a little bacon grease (only a little)
    Italian dressing marinade
    BBQ sauce
    eat it on a veggie pizza

Thats just a few of my favorite things.
  • poundis
    poundis Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Marinate in light balsamic ving dressing. Then broil for about 8 min each side. Add a pice of roasted red pepper & 1/2 slice mozzarella cheese. Broil another 2-3 min until cheese is melted.
  • deniseselah
    deniseselah Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    @guacamole17 - I JUST got that Tunisian spice today @ Penzey's specifically for chicken! never tried it before. glad to see your post. great thread.
  • onefournine
    Options
    I really like Montreal chicken seasoning. It has a nice orange citrus flavor. I also use this same spice mixed in with a tablespoon of barbecue sauce spread over a salmon filet baked in the oven. That is truly my favorite.
  • Erin0164
    Erin0164 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Look up the Chile chicken and Basil recipe on Men's Health website. Fantastic in lettice wraps. Strong flavors, low fat and super easy!
  • Rachel089
    Rachel089 Posts: 13
    Options
    WOW guys, I just ate and I'm chomping at the bit to give your tips a go. Not one thing mentioned sounds unappetizing or like a splurge--THANK YOU! I honestly never thought about mustard, or any of the other things mentioned. I will definitely check out that skinny taste website as well! Perfect!
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    i have this seasoning called beer can chicken & its like amazing..

anyway,i put water in the pan and put the chicken in it and add the seasoning and and let it cook...
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    split it open, marinade with your favorite marinade, fill with a cheese stick wrapped in a low-cal, low-sodium lunch meat or basil leaves, or spinach leaves (this keeps the cheese from leaking away) and bake, nummy, nummy!
  • emilyx15
    emilyx15 Posts: 21
    Options
    My fave way to cook it is to put oil in a pan on the stove and put the chicken breast on the oil. Cook one side, then flip it, and sprinkle on some pepper and salt. Not many calories, and it's delicious! Especially when you pair it with a side salad!
  • spikedkanji
    spikedkanji Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    wrap it in bacon, then put it in a turkey, then wrap the turkey in bacon, and put it in a whole pig, then wrap the pig in bacon.....oh wait wrong thread......ummm chicken.....I like jerk seasoning on it. slow cook the chicken so its tender with veggies and jerk seasoning , jerk seasoning has a kick to it for spice, so careful how much you put in
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I like to steam it with fresh garlic and basil.
  • fitnessyeoja
    fitnessyeoja Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    bump
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    marinte it in some margrtia mix. for a few hours and grill it. moist and awesome!! have some Margarita chicken... Use skinny girl mix for lower cal marinate