55 - 65 needing to lose 25+ lbs.

Options
Hello, my name is Molly and I want to have buddies who are serious about getting a new life style started. I need to lose 25 lbs. to feel healthy. I'm 5 ft and overweight. My goal is to lose 25 pounds so I can enjoy life more in my retirement. I don't have a plan so I'm open for ideas and some low fat recipes to enjoy. Let's try to post daily so we support each other. Together as a team we can reach our goal!

Replies

• Mollymc24
    Mollymc24 Posts: 2
    Options
    Today was a test day to get myself motivative for the upcoming weeks. Having to list my foods will help me stay aware of what's going in and what I need to leave out. I use to be on Sparkpeople but some of the people there were not supported so I hope to get lots of support here.
  • LiZzie1917
    LiZzie1917 Posts: 65
    Options
    Welcome Molly. I am 55 and need about 30 lbs to get to my goal. Logging really helps.
  • fairc3jam
    fairc3jam Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Today was a test day to get myself motivative for the upcoming weeks. Having to list my foods will help me stay aware of what's going in and what I need to leave out. I use to be on Sparkpeople but some of the people there were not supported so I hope to get lots of support here.

Baby steps right? Have a realistic goal. For us short folks, every lb makes a difference in how we look in our clothes. Glad to be part of your journey
  • 62karen
    62karen Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Gee... please add me as a friend. I just started back today on Mfp and I also need to lose 25 lbs. Looking too for moral support!
  • SarahSosi
    SarahSosi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    add me too! i need to lose about 20 to 21 lbs :D
  • Burns_fat
    Burns_fat Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello! I'm new to this site please add me, we can encourage one another.

Burn
  • NancyG55
    NancyG55 Posts: 86
    Options
    Hi, I am working to lose anywhere from 40 to 50 lbs, and at age 57 it is slow going. Add me as a friend and we can encourage each other. The best way for me to do it is to faithfully log in everything I eat, and here is a great place to do it. We CAN do it!
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I have found this the easiest site to use. And the motivation and support is amazing. We're friends and we're together.
  • pattyg1821
    pattyg1821 Posts: 81
    Options
    I have atleast 100 too loose. I have started walking a week ago and taking it slow.
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Hi Molly, I am almost 56. I am maintaining right now. But I still log everyday because it would be to easy fall of the wagon. I have been a yo-yoer, and I am determined to stop it. The logging does get easier and quicker as you go along. My main excercise is walking. It's simple and easy on the body. I use my Wii at home to get excercise too. I do have an active job so that does help. Tracking what you eat is very helpful. But I don't deprive myself of any food. Moderation s the key. Lot's of websites for lower calorie recipes, and you can learn to modify your own recipes. Get determined and you can do this.