When to see the doctor? Not Loosing!!

Options
2»

Replies

• sseavy82
    sseavy82 Posts: 12
    Options
    Water, water,water.....I have finally cut out bread, cheese, all junk. I'm following the 17 diet (mostly) and I know for a fact that even eating whole wheat bread for me is bad. I'm curious, how is your blood sugar? I wonder what would happen if you concentrated on eating protein, veggies and low sugar fruit? That's what I am doing and it is finally working. On myfittnesspal, I am getting the "your not eating enough calories, but for the first 17 days, it's ok. For me, cutting carbs is very difficult but lowering my carb intake is what my body needs me to do.In the first week, I am down 4 lbs.I just have one more week, then I will do the 2nd cycle which adds in good carbs like oatmeal, whole wheat, etc but just every other day. There are actually 4 different cycles to this whole 17 day diet.

Good luck!
    PS....try to get 8 hours of sleep! I keep seeing that everywhere! If I am tired, I just want to eat all day.
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    So I hve been at a plateau for almost a year. I have lost 50. I have been to Dr. had thyroid checked, labs done.. Followed the whole eat more to loose went from 164 to 169. I am on week 7 of insanity, nothing toning for sure, stronger, but nothing.. I am going on 8/31. I want a referrl for a nutrtionist taking my logs of exercise and food. with me
  • Lalo_Nyc
    Lalo_Nyc Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Candy,
    I had maxed out at 235, male, 5' 6" and had let things get away. Too much time behind the desk, in front of tv, pc, etc. It has been a long road but I am down to 185, first time in over 10 years and still looking to trim another 10-15.

You have to stick with a plan, talk to your doctor, nutrition guide, etc. Make a commitment with a friend who has like minded goals and then go to work.

I added movement to my daily routine, walking instead of driving, taking the steps instead of the elevator, taking the long way from parking lot, going to snack bar/cafeteria the long way. I joined the gym in January and have been going about 3 times a week, some weeks I can go 4 times, others I can only make it 2 times. You may get discouraged at first because you are in gym and watching what you eat and the weight may not be coming off as fast you would like.

Track your progress with a pedometer. Drink plenty of water and please, try to get 7-8 hours of sleep a day. This is very easy to overlook in our busy schedule, http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/excessive-sleepiness-10/lack-of-sleep-weight-gain .

A trainer recommended I switch up my workout a bit to include interval or hill training. Elliptical machines and treadmills both have this setting. Here is a great article that covers the benefits of interval training, http://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/interval-training-workouts.

I am going out of my way to add vegetables, fruits, yogurt, nuts, etc into my diet.

You are not on this road! Good luck and don't be so hard on yourself.

Ed from NYC
  • Mrsbrandnewmeslimandtrim
    Options
    Bump
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Eat more. Above BMR. See your doctor. Drink lots of water (or other liquids) and make sure you're eating enough fiber.

Good luck!
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Just go see your Doctor. Get blood work down and have them look at the markers for Metabolic Syndrome. If you have that you will not lose if you up your calories, don't eat exercise calories or stand on your head. The only way you will get past that to lose is low carb and possibly medication (Metformin).

Seriously, go. It was the best thing I did and 110 lbs lost is making me so much happier and healthier.