Finally got myself to sign up!

Options
So I had heard about MFP some months ago and I would come to the sight and check out the exercise log and such.
I finally decided to join and give it a try! I started about a week ago and I did well logging my food and exercise. Then a family reunion
and fitness paused for some days lol. Now, I am back. I have lost 2 lbs since joining so that makes me feel better.

I am really trying to give this ago because I have never been small my entire life. I am 25, 5'3'', (now 222.3) and I look in the mirror
and feel so not happy about the way I look. I want to be able to wear a 2 piece one day and wear the clothes I think express my
personality best. I do have a very nice boyfriend, but he is very fit and at times I wonder if he really finds me attractive and I feel
strange, like I look awkward next to him. I want to be fit and healthy but also more attractive. I am hoping using MFP will help me
get on the path to a healthier lifestyle and help me to finally feel beautiful in my skin.

Replies

• ritaadkins2002
    ritaadkins2002 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP u are going to love it ...and u can do this .:drinker:drinker:
  • hutto98
    hutto98 Posts: 5
    Options
    Good Luck...but actually this isn't about luck, its determination and hard work. You can do this if it is truly what you want. Stick with it and keep pushing on.
  • Dayna5K
    Dayna5K Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP. You can totally do it! Feel free to add me as a friend if you need support :)
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and good luck with your goals :flowerforyou:
  • kubyshechka
    kubyshechka Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Don't get hung up on the calories. Try doing your best and if you have some days off - it is OK. Some people start going over their calorie limit for a few days and quit thinking that it will not work for them. This is a life style change and as in life we have our ups and downs, and as long as you can get back on track and keep going - you WILL succeed! Good Luck!
  • mistressmambo
    mistressmambo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    MFP is a great site. Lots of people to help with your journey.. but the site itself is great. I love adding my meals and staying w/in my calorie intake, etc.. and its great if you leave your diary open for your friends to see... great accountability. You don't want to eat anything bad or go over your calories when you're friends are watching.. lol.. add me we can go thru this together