Chicken Breast--What's your favorite way of cooking it?

Options

Replies

• ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I add black peppercorns and grill it with red and green peppers. I can eat it just like that or throw it all in a tortilla and make a chicken quesadilla or a southwest wrap with some cheese and either a little salsa and sour cream or with a bit of southwest veggie dip. It usually ranges from 450-550 calories with a tortilla or I just do broccoli and sweet baby rays for about 350-400 calories.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I've used thai flavoring to marinate- more of a rub, but agree that grilling seems to add more flavor than baking. Peanut satay also adds a ton of flavor.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I like to use left over grilled chicken breast the next day by sautéing red, orange, yellow and green peppers with onions adding my own fajita seasoning then putting the sliced up chicken in to warm it up. Then you can eat it with brown rice or tortillas. If I use tortillas I usually get corn because they are lower in calories. I will also slice chicken breast into strips brown them in evoo then take them out of the pan. Then I put the same kind of peppers and onion and add some mushrooms and sautée all those together. I add garlic, basil, oregano and red chile flakes. Then I will add a can of diced tomatoes and a couple spoons of tomato paste to thicken the sauce. Put the chicken back in the pan and simmer for 20 minutes or so. Usually I serve it over whole wheat pasta and top it with some Parmesan cheese. My whole family loves both of these meals.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Marinate in Garlic, Lime Juice and Cilantro...mmm
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    www.skinnytaste.com Her recipes are amazing! Here are a few I've enjoyed.

-->Healthy Chicken Nuggets

-->Chicken Parmesan Burgers

-->Asian Grilled Chicken
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    We eat a lot of chicken breast. Our favorites are Chicken Chili (instead of beef) and Chicken Broccoli Cheese casserole. Yummm.
    Lots of things that we would have normally made with beef, I'm making with chicken.
  • Freyja2023
    Freyja2023 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I like to crush pecan nuts up and put them in a pie plate with herbs and toss around. Then coat the top of the chichen breast with egg whites and press into the nut/herb mix. Bake them on a boiler sheet at 350 till done. Really good :)
  • jseger3
    jseger3 Posts: 9
    Options
    Favorite marinade (for any meat) is 1 part dry white wine (cooking sherry is best), 1 part Worcestershire sauce and 2 parts soy sauce, plus grated ginger to taste. ( I usually add about a teaspoon grated per quarter cup "part".) Make enough to come a little over halfway up the thickness of the meat while marinating. The darker the meat, the longer you marinate it....Red meat, overnight, chicken about 4 hours and fish about an hour. Turn the meat about halfway through. Roast or grill.
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I make pizza chicken

Spread tomato paste over the chicken breast, add a chopped couple of slices of salami, a chopped green onion, a shake of cajun seasoning, sliced mushroom and pepper, top with shredded low fat cheese and bake until chicken is cooked. Not alot of cals and the kids love it.
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I like browning my chicken in a skillet then finishing it in the oven, dry rubs are always a good choice because you can control the amount of salt, plain yogurt with fresh herbs always makes a nice moist chicken in the oven too. For fish, I just like to season with dried herbs and bake it on top of some lemon slices in the oven. Veggies, especially the ones you eat, like me, I roast in the oven, coat them with a little EVOO, a dash of sea salt and fresh ground pepper, throw on a baking sheet, and bake at 425 for 15 minutes, roasted broccoli is amazing! Its gets little browned crispies on it but doesnt get soggy or soft.
  • TOxen
    TOxen Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I tried the Healthy Choice cream of chicken and a 1/2 packet of dry onion soup mix with just a little water, mix them both in a pot and cook until soupy. Bread chicken breast in bread crumbs and pan fry with nonstick cooking spray just to brown outside, careful not to burn the bread crumbs. Place chicken in baking dish and pour soup mix over and bake about 40-45 min or until done.
    Taste good and the bread crumbs help keep it moist.
  • phil412
    phil412 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I like to stuff, roll and bake them in the oven. You can stuff it with all kinds of amazing yummies. Tonight I used zucchini strips, onion, goat cheese and sundried tomatoes. I just pounded the chicken breasts flat, seasoned them with salt and pepper, sauted the veggies in a pan a bit, placed them on the chicken breasts with the goat cheese, rolled up the breasts, and secured with toothpicks. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Yum! Yum! Yum!
  • dick01
    dick01 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    try with 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt and add 1/2 tsp turmuric powder and 1 tsp of lawry's taco seasoning and marinate it in a plastic bag for 1 to 2 hours. cooking is on a skillet and cook for 15 minutes on the stove make sure you turn the chicken too. let it simmer in the marinate. enjoy and I hope this helps you
  • Macley
    Macley Posts: 45
    Options
    Boil it ;) lol
  • Afterblue
    Afterblue Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Szeged's chicken seasoning. I have lived around the world and I think this is the best spice mix in the universe. I screamed so loudly with delight when I found it on Amazon, colleagues rushed to my office to check if I was safe. A tablespoon of the stuff with some lemon juice and a touch of olive oil, slathered over a chicken breast , shoved in a plastic bag to marinade overnight makes for two incredibly delicious 4 ounce servings of grilled chicken the next day.
  • Numitkon
    Numitkon Posts: 12
    Options
    These are some fantastic ideas!

Honestly, I usually marinate my chicken overnight and just pan cook and shred it the next day. I may be wired wrong, but I can eat chicken all day long cooked however and be totally happy.

I've recently started cooking burgers with ground chicken breast, though, and I feel like my eyes have been opened. It honestly tastes so much better than hamburger meat. I mix the ground meat with a little blue cheese, bread crumbs, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and chives and then grill it. Yum!
  • HeatherTransformed
    HeatherTransformed Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I bake it in the oven in a deep pan filled with water til it's cooked. When it comes out, it shreds pretty easily. I add salsa. You can eat that over a salad or in a burrito.
  • Nan_
    Nan_ Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Take 1/2 cup of orange juice. Pour 1/4 cup of the orange juice into a 9x13 pan. Put the chicken breasts in the pan and pour the remaining 1/4 cup of orange juice over the chicken. Then sprinkle 1 teaspoon of rosemary, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper over the chicken. Then bake at 350. Tastes really yummy!
  • Nan_
    Nan_ Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Chicken teriyaki is yummy too:

1 cup soy sauce (I use the one with less sodium)
    1 tablespoon oil (I use olive oil)
    1/2 cup sugar
    1-2 garlic cloves, minced OR substitute 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder instead
    5 thin slices fresh ginger OR use one teaspoon ground ginger instead

Cut up chicken into 1" strips and put in a pan (can coat it with Pam if you want), pour sauce over the top and bake uncovered @350 for 30-40 minutes or so (check it, I've never really paid attention to how much time it takes). If the sauce doesn't cover the chicken completely you'll want to turn the chicken over when halfway cooked. Serve with rice.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Grilled and then chopped or shredded into a salad - any salad - greens, fruit, pasta, whatever - it's all good with chicken. I never get tired of it. I usually just put a little salt and pepper on it and throw it on the grill. A mix of honey and dijon mustard also makes a tasty marinade/glaze for the grill.