Piloxing?

Options
Sebnem123
Sebnem123 Posts: 123 Member
hello everyone.. I want to take up piloxing so i was wondering if any of you has done it...? Have you lost weight?

Replies

• ashies126
    ashies126 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I <3 piloxing, if you have a great instructor is an awesome cardio workout. I always leave soaked in sweat. I combined piloxing with yoga, kick boxing and walking in the beginning and dropped a lot fast early on. It's def a great cardio workout i'd reccommend but if if your looking for strength training you may want something else.
  • Sebnem123
    Options
    I <3 piloxing, if you have a great instructor is an awesome cardio workout. I always leave soaked in sweat. I combined piloxing with yoga, kick boxing and walking in the beginning and dropped a lot fast early on. It's def a great cardio workout i'd reccommend but if if your looking for strength training you may want something else.
    thanks... i just want to lose pounds not to built muscles..:) how much pounds have you lost?
  • Shawnette97
    Shawnette97 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Did you take a piloxing class yet? I took my first class on Monday and loved it. I left the class soaked. My body is very sore right now but I'll survive.
  • ashies126
    ashies126 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sorry MFP doesn't notify you when someone posts.. I started March 4, and i've lost 54 lbs to date
  • Sebnem123
    Options
    yes i have.... I love it too...
    ashies126
    omg.... congrats...
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I love it! I actually just got certified to teach it...to answer your question, I lost fat and gained muscle since I started doing it. I always had flabby legs and alittle arm flab but piloxing firmed those right up!
  • packk2
    packk2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    how do you track piloxing in your exercise diary? i can't figure it out
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options

I'd count it as cardio. You might want to get a heart rate monitor to monitor calories. :)
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options

Piloxing burns anywhere from 400-900 calories for most people in 1hr. For me it varies from 450-650 usually according to my calorie watch. But know at least 400 :)
  • Chop28
    Chop28 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    One of my co-workers did piloxing and she lost a lot of weight, but you can list piloxing under aerobics because it is a form of cardio. I hope this helps.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!