Losing weight too fast?

I've lost 6.5 pounds in 3 days weighing in twice during that time period 3 pounds on one day and 3.5 pounds over the next two days . I've been drinking plenty of water and before I weighed in today I had binged on 2000 calories of Chipotle the main reason I weighed tonight was to see if I had gained the 3 pounds back that I lost in 1 day. Should I see a nutritionalist to make sure I'm healthy or what? I don't mind losing 2 pounds per day but over that time I have avg. 3.845%/week weight loss way over the recommended 1% per week.

Replies

• SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    I definitely think if you are concerned you should chat with your nutritionist or doctor to ensure you're doing okay health-wise. It is possible that you just reached a great week where the perfect balance of muscle mass burned a solid amount of weight, or you might just have lost a few pounds of water weight. Have you reduced your salt intake? That can account for the weight change also. It is difficult to know for sure. Some weeks really are better than other weeks.
  • WillMarple
    WillMarple Posts: 12
    I'm hoping it's just water weight I wasn't really watching my sodium before and now I'm averaging 1800mg/day so hopefully it's just that or maybe I am having a great week. My body doesn't agree with my mind great results should require effort.
  • huuxue
    huuxue Posts: 23
    Honestly I wouldn't worry about it. If you have a high BMI your body will have more to lose and the pounds will come off faster. Water weight will fluctuate based on sodium intake so it's good you are watching that (ideally you want to be at no more than 1,000 mg of sodium per day)<- something really good to work towards! I really wouldn't worry about losing the weight too fast, people who have a BMI of over 30 can easily be dropping 10-15lbs a week. In regards to the water weight and your sodium intake try to wean yourself off of sodas/any carbonated beverages, processed foods, and salted snacks. Good luck!

P.S. Labels these days are made with the "Diet of 2,000 calories per day" which for most people(assuming they are sedentary) is tooooo much.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    It will slow to normal soon....enjoy the victory and how easy it comes....and stay motivated when they dont.