New here, and ready to go!

Options
Hi! I just found this site and am so excited to be starting this journey. I have tracked calories and exercise before in the past, but never on one site -- especially one as organized and easy to use as this one! I was pleasantly surprised to find so many friendly people here, and so many success stories. Very encouraging and inspiring!

I'm a homeschooling mom of 8 active and amazing kids, and I love to sew, embroider and design (all sedentary activities, of course!) Seven years ago, I lost 40 pounds from diet and exercise. Unfortunately, I gained it all back, plus a few extra, due to post-partum depression after 2 of my children. . . and I'm also a compulsive overeater (binger) as of late. I'm currently working on recovering from this compulsive eating through OA. I have 45 pounds to lose.

I'm looking forward to tracking my calories and exercise, and meeting lots of like-minded folks on here trying to make a healthy change in their lives as well. Thanks for reading, and for being here. Best of luck to you!

Replies

• huntee75
    Options
    welcome and i think you've come to the right site....good luck:smile:
  • Moma_Do
    Moma_Do Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I know you can do it, if you home school, and sew and design. That is amazing! You just have to find some time to take care of you. I'm a mom of 3, and that is the hardest part for me. If we take good care of ourselves we will be so much better for our family. Love yourself, Love Amber
  • clcrawley
    clcrawley Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks, huntee.... I think so, too! ;)

Amber, you are so right.... I take care of everyone first, and always forget about myself. Thanks for the kind & encouraging words.
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • daniela_vittoria
    Options
    :wink: welcome and good luck on your new journey
  • cateyes856
    Options
    Hello All--2010 will be a great year. I am heading for my first wedding anniversary on June 12th and I WILL BE MORE FIT and lean by then, if not before!!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Welcome,
    You've come to the right place. If you are already doing OA then you are probably weighing and measuring your food and planning your meals ahead of time and sticking to the plan. That's how I started. The food tracker is so perfect for keeping track and learning about what foods work and which ones are a problem.:bigsmile: I take it one day at a time and take baby steps and stay open minded to new ideas. MFP changed my life. I hope you have a similar experience.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • mssandik62
    Options
    Hi and a great big welcome! I found this place last night and have already found it most useful just on the first day. I too am a compulsive overeater especially when I feel stressed which is most of the time anymore. I did make through my first day though quite well and now is my real trial because it is now night and I usually flop down in front of the TV and really eat. Good luck on your new journey and just know that you are not alone and I think you will find many new and wonderful friends here...an extended family of sort. If you can homeschool and do all that you do then I certainly have confidence that you are a very determined and self-motivated person who will achieve much success in all that you do. Hang in there and keep us posted. :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi, I just wanted to say welcome!

I am teaching my 9 year old dd at home this through a Idaho Virtual Academy. To homeschool 8 children is absolutely amazing!
  • clcrawley
    clcrawley Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for the warm welcome and encouragement! I'm blown away. :D

barbiecat, this site does look like the perfect fit/compliment for OA (and for me.) And I'm just taking it a day at a time, too.
    missandik62, my problem is (hopefully WAS) nighttime eating, too!

Good luck to all of you, as well.... I'll be seeing you on the message boards!
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    The sedentary life is the thing that bites us in the ever growing tushie huh? Welcome aboard....I've been here since April of 2009 (alomst over with). I lost 25 pounds, but then went back to my old ways and the weight found me again...so I'm back. Look up Tamishumate and Tamtastic (the only two I think of at the moment). They have GREAT success stories!

Good luck!
  • melrow76
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I too am new to the site and have been in OA for a bit over two years. I am finding the site to be a wonderful compliment to my program. I live in PA and am going to add you as a friend if you'd ever like to chat.

Melanie :smile: