My progress!

Options
RedHeadDevotchka
RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
Edit:
I have no idea why the last 2 are so big, but whatever!!

So, it's saturday night, I'm too tired to go out, but not quite tired enough for bed. So, I thought I would share my progress and where Im at right now :)

My journey (yes, I know some of you hate this word!) all started in January 2011. I was at my highest weight of GULP! 202
Me at 202
karafat1.png
I didn't see an end in site. I legitimately thought I would just continue to gain weight because I wasn't sure what I should be doing and I just would give up on diets like the next day, Im not joking.
So, in January my church had a 21 day fast, and I lasted 15 days doing a mostly juice fast. I lost a quick 15 lbs this way (I do not promote this AT ALL for weight loss, no way! ) but I do have to say it got my butt in gear. I joined MFP and just started logging foods on the app using my phone. After that fast I continued to diet at 1400 calories a day, which I have no idea how I managed doing that, OH YEAH I remember..... I went to bed HANGRY. Yes, hangry which is Hungry and angry-not good. :grumble: :noway:
By my birthday in June of 2011 I was at 169 and I felt pretty awesome, I really did. I continued to diet sort-of and I just stopped losing weight......then it was around November and the holidays came and well, you tell me how much weight I was gonna lose, know what Im saying?
So, anyways, On thru the beginning of March 2012. I was stagnant. One day I was 164 the next day 170. All I could think was WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH THIS SCALE???!??!?!!? Also, I wasn't happy with how my gut and legs looked and I felt just nasty about myself. I had weight trained before in 2009-2010 but bc I never monitored my diet. Therefore I gained weight really fast and was living in denial that I had let myself get that big which is why I was 202 to begin with.

The first step was going back to the gym. I got really anxious about this. This was the place that I did nothing but cardio for the past 2 years, and now I was going to go back and weight train with the boys? I knew that I needed to make a change, but I didn't want to. I even cried a little because I was so nervous. But, I managed to make my way in and do it. I don't even remember what I trained or how I did it for a while. I just remember that I took a 'before' pic of myself and I sure as hell didn't want to look like THAT anymore. So, after the first month, I took another pic and WHOA! there was a difference! :drinker: :bigsmile:
BEFORE pic. Me at 170 in March:
aaamarchfront.jpg

Me a month later
aabaprilfront.jpg

This definitely motivated me to continue on, even though I had not lost ONE SINGLE POUND!!!!

The next month, May, I took another pic.....bc I had not lost any weight still, but I promised I would continue to monitor my progress
aadmay2012.jpg

So fast forward to July, I took this pic tonight of myself. It's been 4 months and I weigh 9 lbs more than I did in the first picture.
julypic.jpg

So, if I had not taken any pictures, I am sure I would feel terrible about the fact that I had gained 9 pounds and I couldn't see any change (I know it's all mental, but still....).
Sorry for the ramblings, but that's my story!

Replies

• LiveforChange
    LiveforChange Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    great work I see a big difference though:)
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    Options
    Thank you :) I SEE the change now, I just meant I probably wouldn't notice if I didn't have any pictures!
  • LiveforChange
    LiveforChange Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I will be taking picture of myself now lol
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Its crazy what weight training does for the body. And it can be very confusing.lol. Great job on ignoring the scale :wink:
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! You can really see it!! I'm hoping to soon start weight training...

this is inspiring..thank you.

Lauren
  • KenishaFitness
    KenishaFitness Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You most definitely did an awesome job! Very inspiring.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    Options
    I will be taking picture of myself now lol

That's what I am hoping it will inspire others to do as well! It's awesome comparing the months :)
  • anashar
    anashar Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    What a difference - you look amazing. I'm hoping the weight-training will do the same for me!
  • SoBodyMazing
    SoBodyMazing Posts: 159
    Options
    Great Job
  • Aktiveforlife
    Aktiveforlife Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    WOW!! You look great and keeping yourself on track with pictures really shows your progress. Thank you for sharing!
  • DfantaBeneFIT
    Options
    Keep it up. Great work

You could end up with a competitive physique! Best advice i can offer is work on BACK like its the last think you'll ever do. Women have a hard time building lats. Get on those pulls up like its your JOB!!
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    Options
    Keep it up. Great work

You could end up with a competitive physique!

I would definitely not mind that!
  • noctilumina
    noctilumina Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Well done! Congratulations not only on the progress you've made physically, but on your ability to see past the scale! (Thanks for teaching me the word "hangry", by the way. :laugh: )
  • BexleyGirl
    BexleyGirl Posts: 102
    Options
    You look amazing! You have motivated me to stick to strength training....I can see it works!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Looking good lady!! :-D
  • sanguinia
    sanguinia Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Very motivating!
  • RunningDirty
    RunningDirty Posts: 293
    Options
    You work hard and are a true inspiration. Congratulations on your progress friend! :drinker:
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I think it just goes to show that numbers are not everything! You are clearly looking strong and fit! Great job!
  • AngelAtkins61
    AngelAtkins61 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    WOW! GOOD JOB!
  • JMJ1983
    JMJ1983 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Amazing Transformation!!!! You are doing so great!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!