7 days - 4 lbs. Trying to lose 22 lbs & more

Options
sugarlyze
sugarlyze Posts: 17 Member
Hey everyone I'm new here! I just started using myfitnesspal and in 7 days I lost 4 lbs. For cardio I did 20 minutes of elliptical 5 times this week. I'm trying to lose 22 more and I was wondering if it's possible to do that without any cardio. I drink approximately 4 cups of water a day. Trying to drink 8 cups, but I would feel bloated and be needing to go to the bathroom all the time. Like lets say I drink 2 cups, within 2 hours I would go for a pee 2-3 times. Anyone else experiencing this or am I just having a lose bladder?
I've been trying to lose weighs for the last 8 years. I tried diet pills, diet shakes, diet teas, and acupuncture treatment. It did work at some point but I eventually gained back once I stopped taking those. I decided to stop taking them because I don't wanna damage my liver from all the diet pills etc and I just wanna live healthy. So i really hope myfitnesspal will help me keep motivated into living healthily again

Replies

• amwalcott
    amwalcott Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I drink 10-15 cups of water a day. In the beginning I was always in the bathroom, but once your body adjusts to the increased fluids you go less often.
  • sugarlyze
    Options
    I drink 10-15 cups of water a day. In the beginning I was always in the bathroom, but once your body adjusts to the increased fluids you go less often.

awesome :) i thought it was my bladder or something. i should definitely drink more water. hope it'll help me lose my weighs faster. thanks!
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Hi.

:laugh: Laughing about the water and the bathroom because my daughter and I are constantly going. I've done both a church oriented diet program and Weight Watchers. I was pretty successful until I started feeling better and just stopped never hitting my goal. I love, love, love, MFP so much. My daughter drinks 8 cups of water a day (that's the minimum our body needs per day). I drink 9-15 cups depending on my activity, but 9 is my absolute minimum.

Yes, you still need to do the cardio. Most likely, the 4 lbs you lost in 7 days was water weight rather than fat if that's your first week. It slows down after that. You need to continue to burn the fat and tone muscles, etc. And then, when you reach your goal, make sure you stay on the program to maintain. Since you are already someone that has tried multiple programs like me, I'm really motivated to not gain this horrible weight back, EVER! If I had maintained all that hard work from before when I was successful, I would be trying to lose 30 lbs rather than 100+. Life gets busy and we don't make time for ourselves.

Glad your here rather than diet pills. This program is a life changer, not a temporary fix. And personally, I'm really ready for the complete LIFE CHANGE.

GOOD LUCK!!!
  • sugarlyze
    Options
    Hi.

:laugh: Laughing about the water and the bathroom because my daughter and I are constantly going. I've done both a church oriented diet program and Weight Watchers. I was pretty successful until I started feeling better and just stopped never hitting my goal. I love, love, love, MFP so much. My daughter drinks 8 cups of water a day (that's the minimum our body needs per day). I drink 9-15 cups depending on my activity, but 9 is my absolute minimum.

Yes, you still need to do the cardio. Most likely, the 4 lbs you lost in 7 days was water weight rather than fat if that's your first week. It slows down after that. You need to continue to burn the fat and tone muscles, etc. And then, when you reach your goal, make sure you stay on the program to maintain. Since you are already someone that has tried multiple programs like me, I'm really motivated to not gain this horrible weight back, EVER! If I had maintained all that hard work from before when I was successful, I would be trying to lose 30 lbs rather than 100+. Life gets busy and we don't make time for ourselves.

Glad your here rather than diet pills. This program is a life changer, not a temporary fix. And personally, I'm really ready for the complete LIFE CHANGE.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Hello :)
    Yes that is sooo true it's definitely water weight because i haven't lost anymore the past 2 days. I only do elliptical for cardio because that's the only thing I could do in the evening. But wow you're such an inspiration!! :) good luck and keep yourself motivated! go go go!
  • Adveshan
    Adveshan Posts: 8
    Options
    Jogging really helps as well. Not only does it help you burn fat and put your heart back into shape, it also works on your blood/oxygen levels which will allow you to workout with more ease in the future. You can use Runmyroute.com to plan out a jogging route. It'll give you the distance of the paths you make, too.

Make sure you don't touch junk food. Stand when watching tv instead of sitting on furniture; sitting on the floor works alright as well. Keep working on upping your water intake to the healthy level. Try to stay active most of the day. However, having a period of rest is just as important to let muscles grow and for your body to restrengthen itself. Speaking of rest, make sure you're getting enough sleep too, because that can put unnecessary stress on your body. Start searching up weightless workouts on youtube. Surprisingly weightless workouts in Spartactus mode (doing as many in a set time-frame rather than reps) are amazing and work on your cardio and sometimes your explosiveness, whereas reps work on more your muscles since it's usually a slower process.
    Now that you're logging your diet and water intake, you need to start writing down and learning exercises to create your own programs that are right for your level of fitness.
    Here's a link to FunkRoberts' Youtube channel; he has really amazing workouts for almost every section of the body on his Featured Playlists: http://www.youtube.com/user/marcroops

Also, here's a link to a playlist I put together of some other useful workouts to get you started:
  • Janex911
    Janex911 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I do realize your problem. I know it’s not easy to get the best of our body shape. I was once like you too, overweight and lazy to workout. However, I found out the secret to weight loss and bodybuilding. Truth About Abs teach us how to workout properly, what to eat and when, and how can we skip all the lazy gym routines in order to get our perfect body shape. I was their customer and I have lost more than 30 lbs within just 4 months! You can read my review here:

http://www.customer-reviews123.com/reviews/the-truth-about-abs-review/
  • ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    Hello and welcome here. You can do anything you put your mind too. I hope you have a great day and feel free to add me if you wish. :smile:
  • sugarlyze
    Options
    Jogging really helps as well. Not only does it help you burn fat and put your heart back into shape, it also works on your blood/oxygen levels which will allow you to workout with more ease in the future. You can use Runmyroute.com to plan out a jogging route. It'll give you the distance of the paths you make, too.

Make sure you don't touch junk food. Stand when watching tv instead of sitting on furniture; sitting on the floor works alright as well. Keep working on upping your water intake to the healthy level. Try to stay active most of the day. However, having a period of rest is just as important to let muscles grow and for your body to restrengthen itself. Speaking of rest, make sure you're getting enough sleep too, because that can put unnecessary stress on your body. Start searching up weightless workouts on youtube. Surprisingly weightless workouts in Spartactus mode (doing as many in a set time-frame rather than reps) are amazing and work on your cardio and sometimes your explosiveness, whereas reps work on more your muscles since it's usually a slower process.
    Now that you're logging your diet and water intake, you need to start writing down and learning exercises to create your own programs that are right for your level of fitness.
    Here's a link to FunkRoberts' Youtube channel; he has really amazing workouts for almost every section of the body on his Featured Playlists: http://www.youtube.com/user/marcroops

Also, here's a link to a playlist I put together of some other useful workouts to get you started:

hey there! thanks for the tips! I've been trying to keep myself active the past week because i'm much of a couch potato. I haven't started working on the muscles yet but i definitely will once i worked up on the cardios. I'm quite frustrated with the fact that i did cardios for the past 3 days yet i havent lost any lbs eversince i lost all my water weight. Losing weighs must've take a lot of patience.