Recipe help! Anybody else LOVE chicken salad?!

Options
So, I'm obsessed with chicken salad (specifically the kind with grapes and nuts) and know in moderation it's okay.

I love cooking & tryin new things, so I was wondering if any of yall had a healthy chicken salad recipe to share. (:

Mm, mm, mmm!

(OOPS. Sorry, new here! Just realized I posted this on the wrong spot & not sure how to delete... Or if I even can delete, haha.)

Replies

• ctwm84
    ctwm84 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I make my chicken salad pretty plain with just a chicken breast, super low cal mayo, celery, tomato and cucumber. Learning to not use so much mayonaise has been so hard for me because i LOVE mayo on my chicken salad.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I usually use a half chicken breast (whole if i'm low on cals and protein for the day), 2 tbsp mayo (full fat-nothing compares), onion, celery, jalapeno, and either relish or chopped pickle, and a good amount of cracked black pepper. The way I make it has a lot of veggies and just enough mayo to hold it together. If I don't feel like eating it on bread, I put it on a bed of lettuce, eat it plain, or wrap it in large romaine leaves and eat it as a wrap. I love homemade chicken salad.
  • LisAllum
    LisAllum Posts: 55
    Options
    I am obssessed with chicken salad too! I use the usual salad like lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes.. then throw in celery, spring onions and red cabbage. I like to mix it up and add halloumi and/or crispy bacon (cut into teeny pieces) and a lovely dollop or Heinz salad cream 70% less fat! I tend to use chicken breasts and slice them into thin strips too, it makes them easier to mix into the salad. Am going to try lean turkey breast next! Just recently tried it all put together in a wholemeal pitta bread and it was totally yum! Best chicken salad sandwich ever!