How can I stop feeling so sore?

Options
I did the 30DS yesterday and the day before, on top of my usual 30-60 minutes of cardio exercise (and on top of that running around after my two kids all day lol!) But today I am so sore I can barely move, I can't straighten or bend my legs to much, can't stretch my arms out, my back is killing and my stomach is sore but better than this morning! I can't even lie down because it hurts everything!
I've managed to do 5 minutes of yoga and 13 mins boxercise although its made me in more pain (sundays supposed to be my 'lazy day' so I don't do to much today anyways)

Is there anything I can do to sooth my body? Can't barely move today and got to get better because i've got to tidy the house, look after the kids and make a sunday roast dinner for everyone soon! :(

Replies

• Kurrsteee
    Kurrsteee Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    After 30DS I was aching mostly in my legs when walking down the stairs and in my shoulders, so I went for a really nice, long hot bath and it sorted me right out! Obviously, it doesn't look like you have time for that, so just sit with a hot water bottle while having a quick cup of tea or whenever you have the chance to sit down or five minutes.
    Hope it helps!
  • misskatibear
    misskatibear Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Bath salts and a nice bath usually helps me. Even without the bath salts I find it soothing. Or I tend to sleep it off haha.
    After about the 4th day of the shred you should stop feeling those aches. But hey, even though it kills having those aches, it's a positive feeling because you know you worked muscles that you never usually use! I kinda like the feeling for that reason -_- or maybe I'm a weirdo

You'll feel better soon hopefully :) I also hear protein is good for repair. So get some of that down you!
  • Ayla70
    Ayla70 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Magnesium supplements?
  • AllisonB145
    AllisonB145 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Some Advil and soak in the tub with Epsom Salt
  • bexxxster
    bexxxster Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I don't have a hot water bottle, I had a quick look on google and it suggested to take some ibuprofen so i've had a couple of them!

Don't have time for a bath until tonight guys :(

I nearly dropped a glass because I couldn't grip it, this is insane lol never been so sore for a workout in all my life lol
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    drink lots of water, eat a banana, take two aspirin and most importantly: keep moving.

*edit: take a very hot and long shower too..

hope you feel better!
  • shennard80
    shennard80 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I use glutamine powder. There's typically a small amount in protein shakes but if you don't drink those you can buy it separetly and add it to something ese. When I first started using it I went from being sore the next day after lifting weights to completely fine. I think it also can come in a pill form and it's not too expensive compared to other supplements.
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Ret for a day, eventually when your body catches up to the routine ,the soreness will ease. When you are feeling too comfortable you now know you have to extend your self again. Thats what conditioning is all about!!

Basil
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options
    Halo is a great product and tastes great! Its actually incredible!!!
  • mandybobs65
    mandybobs65 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    When I did the 30DS I couldn't even sit on the loo because of the pain in my legs, and once down I struggled to stand up again! But it does ease off and gets easier each time you do it, so relax, ibuprofen, couple of paracetamol and push through the pain tomorrow x
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk if you can, I know it sounds strange but I always find it really helps my legs to loosen up and stop feeling so sore.
  • alansgal
    alansgal Posts: 6
    Options
    Sounds like you over did it with your program. Have you ever exercised like this before? Your muscles had demanded more oxygen than you can give them and a build up of lactic acid causes this. Best to really hydrate after working out Cranberry juice helps too and Ocean Spray Diet is only 5 calories for a cup. Drink at least 3 cups and hydrate the rest of the day. Biggest tip I can give you is do not stop moving. Keep exercising maybe not so intensely at first. It will get better.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    The first three / four days of 30DS are agony. It will get batter after that - trust me. Also, remember you don't do 30 days in a row with no rest - so if you need a day off, take it.
  • andreamelo1
    andreamelo1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    you should eat protein at least 1 hour after your workout it works for me & its what my doctor said to do next to ice bags & compresses
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Lots of people find this with the first couple of days of 30DS! It does get easier, honestly, and its so worth it. Don't try to do it 30 days straight if you are hurting, your body needs rest. Ibuprofen, gentle walk and hot bath should help. Don't let this discourage you, keep at it and it will get easier. Good luck :smile:
  • jasonpclement
    jasonpclement Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Your body will adapt to the routine and the soreness will go away. Then you'll try something new and that will hurt. Or you'll stop doing your routine, then go back and it will hurt again. This is a normal process :). Replenishing with a bit of protein and carbs post workout will ease the process a little.
  • MDamoun
    MDamoun Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    A body needs rest whenever there is an exertion, especailly if your body is not use to beyond certain level.

I always consider these aching as an acheivement or improvement. It should go away as your body get use to the new level of activity. But as a word of caution please seek your doctor advice if you see it prolongs at some point or you have any kind of medical condition.

As been replied earlier have a warm bath for half an hour to sooth your body and muscle down. I usually avoid any kind of medications or pain killers at any point.

And lastly avoid over exertions to your body if you are a beginner as mentally it can be demotivational.

Keep things simple and balanced.
  • Wol5894
    Wol5894 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    This post didn't work properly
  • Wol5894
    Wol5894 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Is there anything I can do to sooth my body? Can't barely move today and got to get better because i've got to tidy the house, look after the kids and make a sunday roast dinner for everyone soon! :(

My first thought is Who is the "everybody" that you are doing the roast dinner for and WHY can't THEY help cook it so that you DO have time to take a bath? Either that, or is there someone else who can run after the kids and give you just one hour to get that bath in?

Sometimes you have to TELL the other people in your life that you NEED the time. If you are nearly dropping glasses, then you seriously have to ask yourself who can help and how can they help, so that you have time to recover.

And yes, take Ibuprofen - but MAKE time for that bath before tonight, as you will function far better for the rest of the day. It isn't clever, to "tough it out" but do try to keep moving, albeit slowly.
    [/quote]
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Stretch out
    Bath w/ Epsom Salts
    Use ice on those muscles if needed
    ibuprofen

Surprisingly also if you use those muscles today- no weights, it will get the lactic acid out of them and help you to feel better. So, walk/jog a little, do some squats, do a few pushups.. But mostly take the day off.

Hezz