No weight loss this week

Options
Hi
I have been logging all food and exercise. I have kept my calories at about 1200 per day and this week have done about 2000ca of exercise and I have not lost anything. First week I lost 1.7kg, then 1.3kg and now the third week nothing. I have tried to keep active and this has been ablow to my motivation. Any ideas, advice has anyone else found this pattern and what did they do to get over this hiccup.

Replies

• phlower
    phlower Posts: 103
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing. It's natural to go some weeks without losing, sometimes you might even gain a little bit. It's all part of a lifelong journey. If you're exercising a lot, try eating a little more and see if that makes a difference. Also make sure you drink plenty of water every day.

Whatever you do, don't quit! You're doing great so far!
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    are you eating back your exercise calories? if your only doing the 1200 cals a day and burning 2000 in exercise then your body is possibly starving? and burning muscle vs fat... idk?? do you drink a lot of water or?
    im at 1200 cals a day too.. and i exercise daily.. and i eat most of my exercise cals back (depends on what i do) but i light headed if not!!! and I lost 2#'s the first week and 5#'s the 2nd week!
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Make sure logging calories correctly and not just estimating. You lost 1.7kg week 1 then 1.3 week 2, for a total 3kg loss. This is good. Losing between half a kilo to 1 kilo per week is really good. Some weeks you may not see a loss, just persevere. Some losses may include fluid loss same gains may be fluid gains. Just keep going.
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Be happy you didn't gain. Just keep going.
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I didn't lose anything the first few weeks but now it's slowly coming off. I would have loved to have lost what you did! Well done and keep at it!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    There are just way too many factors including time of the month, water weight, etc.
  • LisaWilson2012
    LisaWilson2012 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hiya, what sort of exercise are you doing? I just did cardio over and over killing myself every other day until a trainer at the body building gym asked why I looked so down because of not losing. I was advised to start doing some medium weight training which I did and to change the kind of cardio I was doing every 3 to 4 weeks. It's amazing how quickly your body will get used to what you're doing. I now use the cross trainer for 3 weeks then change to the treadmill, then change to the bike, then change to the rower.

As for weights, your body will burn calories for between 12 to 36 hours after you've finished your training compared to 20 minutes after cardio. I was worried about bulking up but the trainer assures me I wont with the weights I'm using. With weights as well you will notice more of a change in your shape a lot quicker.

Another tip, do your weights before your cardio. The reason for this is because your carb energy will have been used during your weight session, your body will have no choice but to burn fat when you hit the cardio.

Try it and let me know how you get on.

Lisa xx
  • freya33
    freya33 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thqanks everyone for support. I will try and increase weights. I broke my arm last year and am building up weights slowly ( the one disadvantage of aging is that healing is so much slower). I do spinning class 3 times a week and that burns about 400 cals. I also do some running and cross trainer.
    I will try weight stuff before spin class instead of after and give myself more time to do it, thanks for the tip. Usually it is a fill-in if I have got to spin too early as I thought cardio was the best way to burn calories.
  • AtteroIgnis
    Options
    Just to second everything said here. Weight loss is just not a Linear thing.. I dearly wish it was!
    You weight loss will fluctuate week to week, and often make no sense at all.
    There are too many factors involved in your body weight to be able to accurately gauge your exact 'fat loss weight' per week.
    Its a mixture of Fat , Water weight , Muscle loss / gain ..

You really have to just stick with your program, and look at the big picture.
    My own weight loss graph is up and down like crazy day to day / week to week .. BUT, over each 3 month period it is a definite downward trend even if i feel like ive made no big progress.
    If im honest if i got obsessive about a week to week basis i could find myself getting very discouraged, but i have to keep telling myself that this is not a race , its a lifestyle change and the weight WILL come off if i stick to my plan.
    I have - and it has.

Just stick with it, you've made a great start!