scale going down to fast :S

Options
in the last 2 or 3 days, the scale has gone down 2.5 pounds...is this okay, or is there something i should try and do??
and my scales are quite accurate, because i calibrate them with dumbells...and they arde always bang on...im a bit confused...but if its okay, then thats fine :)

Replies

• brittany103
    brittany103 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    If your eating enough and aren't hungry, then congrats it's a good thing. It could also be your body fluctuating. I wouldn't worry unless it was a huge amount each week for months and you werent trying.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your big loss. How long have you been dieting for? As long as you are eating the right amounts, right foods ect.. I wouldnt worry about this! I think if you lose more than 8 - 10 lb a month then I would be a little concerned.. but thats just me.
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    best thing we all can do is not weight in daily. Usually its disappointing and sometimes it send the wrong message in the wrong way-

In case you think you will lose 2.5 every few days- think again. You may lose steady for a while- then gain a # or 2- especially if you watch the scale. Its going to fluctuate - thats normal.

After 2 weeks I saw I had lost about 3#. At first I thought all this hard work and only 3 lbs?! Then I realized I am set up to lose 1.5 a week- and thats just what I did.

then I decided to stay off the scale (dont own one - was at the gym) because it screws my head up- I have a dress that fit beautifully once- when I fit it again I MIGHT step on the scale just to see what I weigh when the dress fits- not really because I care about that number.
  • bmarie612
    bmarie612 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry if you know you are eating enough. If I have been eating clean for days and I am working out.. drinking water and on track I tend to lose weight at a faster pace compared to others. I lost 2 .5 lbs in 3 days this past week. You should be fine! Enjoy the loss and good job!
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    It happened to me, too. I was 209.4 on Friday and I'm 206.8 this morning. Most likely, in my case, it is because I've eaten fewer carbohydrates in the last two days, and my body has excreted a lot of water. The body retains 3 to 4 grams of water for every 1 gram of carbohydrates that we eat.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    i'm not seeing the problem...
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm with "new moons" statement on this one- it's recommended you weigh in just once a week, because the body can fluctuate by as much as 5 pounds every day due to water weight, etc. Good luck to you!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    If you are worried about your weight that closely each day you are doing it wrong. I lose 5 lbs between when I go to bed and when I wake up....It doesnt mean much
  • Xx_mandown_scotty_xX
    Options
    thankyou everyone!!!...ill try to weigh in once a week, from now on though :)
  • Lebhaft
    Lebhaft Posts: 3
    Options
    I weigh myself daily and it seems my pattern is to go five to seven days without weight loss, then over two or three days I'll drop anywhere from 0,5 to 1,0 Kilogram. It's frustrating, but I try hard not to obsess about it and just focus on my diet and exercise programs.