New member .. seeking support and friendly community

Options
I am really thrilled I found out about this forum. It is really good. I found it just in time.

My name is Marianne .. I am 92Kg, 170cm tall. I am getting married in 6 months. Have been dieting for years .. almost all my life.
without great success apparently.

My husband to be is slim, doesnt care about food that much .. I am on the contrary one of those people who loves food and loves to try things out.
I try to eat healthy as much as I can ... but I usually skips a day or two a week where I eat only what I feel like eating and ending up with ice cream, or cheese or just some hot bakery. .. or couple of beers or a bottle of wine.

Just thought to introduce myself .. and check things around

Replies

• Kalraii
    Kalraii Posts: 89
    Options
    MFP is fantastic!! welcome!!: )
  • BlueStoneGirl2012
    BlueStoneGirl2012 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kalarii .. I need all the support I can get ... I am really in a sensitive spot now ..
  • CrazyAnne
    CrazyAnne Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    You will get great support here. Feel free to add me as a new friend and cheerleader!
  • AllisonB145
    AllisonB145 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP once you start logging what you are eating everyday (be honest) you will see just how many calories you are eating. I really had no idea how many calories I was eating before now I actually make a concious effort to make healthier choices.

Feel free to add me as well!
  • BlueStoneGirl2012
    Options
    thank you Ann .. I am really happy I found this community .. the reception and the warmth are amazing ..
    thanks
    I am getting married in 6 months .. I just posted my problem in a different board here ... I can really use all the support I can get
  • ShaunaLouiseGetsFit
    Options
    MFP is full of support and encouragement. i love everyone on this site. coming onto MFP makes losing weight and exercising more fun and exciting. i love seeing what people have ate during the day and i sometimes get idea's from their diets.

i have lost 12 pounds, and it may sound little but to me, it's a huge step and a huge achievement.

i believe anyone can be anything they want to be if they put their minds to it.

have fun with your meals and try out new activities and before you know it, you have lost a couple of inches (or pounds) without even realising it :)

good luck :)
  • shad1018
    shad1018 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on your upcoming wedding.

Susan:smile:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your weight loss for your wedding! I've just joined today too so hi everyone! I'm trying to loose my last 6 kilos in time for my sons wedding in six weeks but I am pretty sure I can't do that but any loss is good. I've already lost 8 with Weight Watchers.
  • Cathy_Daydreams
    Options
    Hello :)
    and congratulations :) here should you ever need some support x
  • bhajrizi11
    bhajrizi11 Posts: 101
    Options
    Welcome!
    MFP is Awesome. There's sooo many nice and encouraging people here. add me :)
    the only reason i got this far is because of my supportive MFP buds
  • VivaLaMezzo
    VivaLaMezzo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome! ^_^ I just started with MFP this past week. Everyone has been wonderful. You'll love it! I sent you a request.
  • BlueStoneGirl2012
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome .. I am overwhelmed .. truly .. dint expect it at all .. THANKS
  • HeatherLeahxx
    HeatherLeahxx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    "seeking support and friendly community"

babez, you won't find friendly anything in the forums anyway....get out while you still have a chance!!!!!

lolz roflcopter teeheeheee :drinker:
  • Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Welcome "home" Marianne! I can say with all confidence that, with your attitude and honesty, you will be successful here. We are here for you - make sure you show up! Good luck and congratulations on the upcoming nuptials!!
  • Mrs16
    Mrs16 Posts: 86
    Options
    Congrats on your upcoming wedding. I have been on MFP for 4months..... I
    I've it, everyone is so helpful and encouraging. Feel free to add me -I am positive with feedback and try to cheer my friends on every day.

Cheryl
  • cjsmommy7
    cjsmommy7 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi
    congrats on your upcoming wedding I have just finished my first week on here and everyone has been so helpful and motivating. add me if you like
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on your upcoming marriage. Everyone here is so nice and supportive. Feel free to add me :)
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our community, I've really enjoyed having friends to work off of, and to help keep me accountable. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • BlueStoneGirl2012
    Options
    overwhelmed by the warm greetings .. will add all the friends here .. thanks
    I am starting to have fun on my second day :))