STARBUCKS LOVERS I NEED SUGESSTIONS :)

Options
masumaj
masumaj Posts: 153 Member
so im planning on stopping by at starbucks today, and im craving a cold espresso drink but i just cant decide which to get, something with non fat milk, with that strong espresso taste but also lower on the calories

any suggestions

Replies

• rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    I've been doing my own version at home...1 Tbsp instant coffee, 2 tbsp fat free vanilla powdered creamer, 1/2 cp skim milk and 8 to 10 ice cubes in a blender. The recipe calls for 2 Tbsp of coffee, but it's too strong for me. I sweeten mine with Equal..I know, I know. 95 calories, no fat.
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Get an iced americano with soy (or nonfat milk) and sugar free hazelnut syrup. That's my go-to espresso drink :)
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I always liked the iced cafe americano
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I like the Skinny Iced Caramel Macchiato or a skinny iced (or hot) caramel latte. The macchiato is my favorite though. If you decide to go non-coffee the new Refreshers are really good - I've only had the lime, but I've heard raves about both. I also like the shaken ice tea (I get black - and unsweetened to save the calories and then add splenda) - some people really like the other flavors too, there is a fruity one, but I just like plain best,
  • Jrb627
    Jrb627 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love getting an iced or hot Americano w/ sugar free vanilla and a splash of cream. So yummy! I also love the strong coffee flavor.
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    If you like the espresso taste - then definitely an iced Americano. Or an iced coffee. I add just a splash of nonfat milk and a packet of splenda (though lately I have been going for sugar). You can also get a SF syrup.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Iced Quad Grande
    2 pump white mocha
    No water
    Extra Ice
    Americano.

160cals and ****ing delish!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    iced cafe americano is 15 calories. Plus whatever milk you put in there.
  • caraguard
    caraguard Posts: 41
    Options
    they do a skinny mocha now, which is yummy.
  • masumaj
    Options
    I like the Skinny Iced Caramel Macchiato or a skinny iced (or hot) caramel latte. The macchiato is my favorite though. If you decide to go non-coffee the new Refreshers are really good - I've only had the lime, but I've heard raves about both. I also like the shaken ice tea (I get black - and unsweetened to save the calories and then add splenda) - some people really like the other flavors too, there is a fruity one, but I just like plain best,

ive tried the lime refresher and its soooooooooo goood :)
  • mallinds
    mallinds Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I always get a caramel frap light or a caramel machiatto with skim milk (hott or cold)
  • skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    I always get a tall skinny frapp (caramel or mocha) with soy. I think it's around 100 calories. You can get a shot of espresso in it if you need to.

Note: I get soy because I have to, skim might be even less like 90
  • andersol4
    andersol4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hey! I worked at a coffee shop for 6+ years. For a strong coffee flavor, the iced americanos are a good choice with a splash of skim and sugar free flavoring. You can also do iced coffee (not quite as strong) with splash of milk or flavoring.

To save some $$ you can make your own at home.

Pretty easy and FULL of caffeine...... for 1 gallon of iced coffee you need:

1/2 lb coffee (i usually do a medium/dark roast) ground for a french press) - starbucks or caribou can grind it for you.
    1 gallon room temp water

pour coffee grounds over the water and cover pitcher with saran wrap. let sit at room temp for 12-16 hours. Strain out grinds with a fine gold filter.

It is FULL of caffeine as it doesn't ever touch heat, cheaper than $4 per starbucks drink, and you can buy a bottle of sugar free flavoring to add if you'd like
  • masumaj
    Options
    hey! I worked at a coffee shop for 6+ years. For a strong coffee flavor, the iced americanos are a good choice with a splash of skim and sugar free flavoring. You can also do iced coffee (not quite as strong) with splash of milk or flavoring.

To save some $$ you can make your own at home.

Pretty easy and FULL of caffeine...... for 1 gallon of iced coffee you need:

1/2 lb coffee (i usually do a medium/dark roast) ground for a french press) - starbucks or caribou can grind it for you.
    1 gallon room temp water

pour coffee grounds over the water and cover pitcher with saran wrap. let sit at room temp for 12-16 hours. Strain out grinds with a fine gold filter.

It is FULL of caffeine as it doesn't ever touch heat, cheaper than $4 per starbucks drink, and you can buy a bottle of sugar free flavoring to add if you'd like

ahhh thanks sooo much for this lovely idea and for everyone else too
    i ended up having a grande light espresso frap
    ive got a starbucks gift card so im using that, no way am i spending that much on coffee :)

thanks again
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    So after posting earlier I went to Starbucks w/a serious chocolate craving and ordered a LIGHT Mocha Coconut Frap- was fabulous!
  • kat5556
    kat5556 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I choose not to have artificial sweeteners so when I go I get the regular grande size latte with fat free milk - it's 130 calories. Then I add 2 packs of raw sugar for another 40 calories and stir in cinnamon. It's really delicious!
  • SuziQueue
    SuziQueue Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If you have a smart phone, load the Starbucks app and it will give you exact nutrition info and will also let you build your own drink according to what you like and your dietary restrictions. If you want to keep it simpler, order what you normally do and just ask them to do it "skinny" and no whip. Good luck!
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Grande iced americano with double extra shot. No cream no sugar. Probably too strong and too simple for most but that's a good cold coffee for me. Never on an empty stomach, though. That's too much caffeine to take with low blood sugar.
  • imissbagels
    imissbagels Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    bump