how to get rid of bloat?

Options
Sometimes my stomach looks so bloated and sticks out which is weird for me because it's usually quite flat, I also feel discomfort and sorry to sound gross but sometimes I get really gassy.

I don't know why this is and it seems to be very much before I go to bed. Does anyone else experience this and know how to get rid of bloat?

Replies

• catweazle12
    catweazle12 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Sorry not any help here... but you're not alone.

I get this too. Always in the evening before bed! I've looked at my food and can't see any pattern where I've eaten xxx and gotten bloated. So don't know what causes mine either or how to get rid of it. Fortunately it doesn't happen every night for me.
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Gas x?

I find if I over due carbs and/or fiber loaded foods it happens- a gas x or 2 usually helps.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    It's quite likely to be related to certain kinds of food. For me, anything very sugary (and that includes fruit) will cause me to bloat, as will wheat/ bread products, particularly refined white flour things like bagels or scones.
  • bubmaster
    bubmaster Posts: 90
    Options
    mint tea :smile:
  • heatherk0908
    heatherk0908 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Start taking probiotics everyday. You can get them in the vitamin aisle. I take Acidiophilus, the higher the live culture count the better. I think the one I take says something about 1 billion on the package, it's from sundown natural I think, but I've taken others.

Take this everyday. It really gets rid of bloating and gas. It may increase for a day or two as your system begins to regulate.

yogurt like activia can do the same thing.
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    2 tbsp of Apple cider vinegar in a hot cup of water, with some lemon and honey before every meal, for a few days....
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Are you recording everything you eat? Your diary seems a bit sparse. Make sure you put everything in your diary for a while, and then you can analyse what you've eaten.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Take a short walk after eating
    watch your sodium
    lots of water
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    I started getting this when I dramatically changed my diet and upped my protein. Certain foods caused it more than others but it happened every day and was the worst at night. I went to the GI Dr. and she thought it was related to GERD even though I wasn't having heartburn symptoms. Gave me some meds for it and they helped a lot. Now I just manage it by frequent small means and avoiding foods I know will cause it (most fruit, caffeine, alcohol, spicy food, beans . . . ). Ginger and fermented foods seem to help.
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    You are starving yourself if your diary is correct. You're eating carb heavy in the little you eat and lack of fat in diet with eventually get you to a point of painful constipation but if you keep eating like this, it will be the least of your worries.
  • slim104
    slim104 Posts: 160
    Options
    Gas x?

I find if I over due carbs and/or fiber loaded foods it happens- a gas x or 2 usually helps.

Did you just call it a "gas kiss"? If you did, thats so funny. Never heard it called that before lol.
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Wow you need to eat some food....No wonder your stomach is usually FLAT you only eat 500 calories a day!!! I hope this is just a case of someone that is not good at keeping track and that this isnt the way you really eat...
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Gas x?

Did you just call it a "gas kiss"? If you did, thats so funny. Never heard it called that before lol.

It's an anti-gas product

http://www.gas-x.com/
    gas-x.jpg
  • kellygirl324
    kellygirl324 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Id pay close attention to what you're eating for a bit. It probably has to do with that. I looked at your diary from last night (dinner) and that issue would be common with something like that. No pun intended, but it will pass. And if it bothers you too much, there's a product called Beano or Gas X that could be helpful!
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I had that also and lots of pain for years,found out i had IBS,well changed mydiet like the DR. said ,didn't help this went on for 5 years finally they did about 10 test for food allegries and found out i had to go to gluten free,it's only been a month now but i so much better,I had to get rid of all my old and restock,but i did slowly other wise you get sick,so it's been a month i'm only eating that ,my house and kitch is all gluten had to clean cabinets and get a new toaster cuz of camation.My whole family eats this and everyone feels better my husbands joints don't hurt as much.
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Water with lemon and green tea are both natural diuretics. Try adding lemon juice to all of the water you drink. It really helps me to keep bloating at bay, even during my ToM.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I take a probiotic in the morning, but it really doesn't seem to help. Just started taken a digestive enzyme like Beano, but it's the Walgreen's version. Before every meal, before I put anything in my mouth and it really seems to be helping.