Round 2

Options
Hello everyone-

I joined back in August and was very motivated. Life threw a curve ball at me and I had to deal with the news that my daddy had stage 5 lung cancer that metastized to his brain. My focus switched from myself to my family. I am sorry to say my daddy lost his battle on 12/17/09.

Knowing how much he loved his family and how much it hurt him to see us hurt, I NEED to do this for myself. I will have support from above from my daddy.

So I am making a promise to myself, to get healthy!!! Can't wait to get healthy with all of you!!

Alexis

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,655 Member
    Options
    My condolences, Alexis, on the loss of your daddy. You will have support from above from him. I know, because I have it from mine. I lost my dad in August to congestive heart failure, and I joined here a week later, inspired by my dad's memory to be the healthiest me I can be.

Your dad is proud of you.

Much love and understanding,

Jill
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    welcome back!
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Isn't cancer terrible! There is no word disgusting enough to describe it. I lost my grandpa (who raised me as his own child) on May 31, 2009. I hope you find peace and healing in 2010. Getting healthy will be great for your soul also! Welcome back Alexis! Good luck!