Heart rate monitor

Options
I am wanting to get one--I've been reading a lot of reviews. Which ones do you guys think are the best?

Replies

• phitme
    phitme Posts: 124
    Options
    I've been very happy with the Polar brand. I started with an F4 and now I have an F6. I think I'm ready to upgrade again.

One important thing to keep in mind is where you'll be working out. If you workout in the gym, you want to make sure that you get an hrm that won't get interference from gym cardio equipment. The F4 was great when I worked out a home but I upgraded to the F6 when I switched to the gym for this reason. Both the F4 & the F6 are designed for women so they are small, about the size of a normal watch.

Good luck in your search.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I love my reebok. It does the same things as the polar and it's WAAAAAY cheaper! Had it for over a year and it's still awesome! Definitely go out and get one! It will be your new best triend!
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    What model do you have...I am looking to purchase one and the polar is expensive..

I love my reebok. It does the same things as the polar and it's WAAAAAY cheaper! Had it for over a year and it's still awesome! Definitely go out and get one! It will be your new best triend!
  • erinsolesky
    erinsolesky Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE my polar ft40 and would highly recommend it to anyone!! It was worth it to me to buy the more expensive monitor, but haven't personally used any other brand. I hope you get one, let me know how you like it!!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I've been using a MIO and I received a Polar F11 for Christmas and now that I have my info entered into it to I will be wearing it in my workout today! Best wishes!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I literally JUST ordered a polar f7 on Amazon.com. It was $105 total (tax, shipping included). I've posted this topic before, and it seems that everyone recommends Polar. The F4 is basic, the F6 is just like the F7 but it uses different software and has a plastic strap instead of an elastic one, and the F11 is the best of the basic models. For what I needed, I went with the F7...can't wait to get it in the mail!!
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I've been using a MIO and I received a Polar F11 for Christmas and now that I have my info entered into it to I will be wearing it in my workout today! Best wishes!

I just purchased a MIO today, and I was wondering how you liked it? I almost got the Polar, but I really don't like the idea of the chest strap. I know that the chest strap is more accurate, but I am not sure how comfortable it would be.
  • erinsolesky
    erinsolesky Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to let you know that you don't even notice the chest strap ... I was concerned about that too. It goes right along your bra line. :smile:

I just purchased a MIO today, and I was wondering how you liked it? I almost got the Polar, but I really don't like the idea of the chest strap. I know that the chest strap is more accurate, but I am not sure how comfortable it would be.
    [/quote]
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I had the Polar F6 which was great and real popular, but when I moved it was put in long term storage, so I brought the Timex one. I don't like how big the face is, to me it is not lady friendly, but it still works pretty well. Both of them use the chest strap and it is a little different the first few times wearing it, but you'll get used to it, almost feels like an estension of your bra band. The Timex was definitely cheaper than Polar.
    At one time, I even had the one you can wear on your finger, but my finger was way to skinny so that was a total waste of my money.