Question for all 5'6"-5'8" Women!

Options
Hello all. I'm Abby (19 years old, 5'7') and pretty new to MFP. I was just wondering what everyone's current and goal weights are for your height, if you're willing to share. It's always good to see how you compare in goals and make sure you're on the right track!

I currently weigh about 163, down from my all-time high of 171. My ultimate goal is 135-140. I have a pretty athletic body type and build muscle easily, so I figure much below this won't be too attainable. Comments on this welcome!

Anyone else?

Replies

• jheye
    jheye Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I think you're goal is very reasonable. I'm 5'6" and at your age I weighed 130 lb and I didn't have a lot of muscle. I maintained the weighf into my 30's. I've gained a lot over the years, but my long term goal is to get to 135 or 140, and I'm doing strength training so I'll have more muscle and less fat. With your build and muscle you might be happy at 145- you'll have a better idea as you approach your goal.
  • ARyding17
    ARyding17 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm abbie too! :)

I am 5 8 and currently weight 156. The highest that I know of was 178. haha yeah that was pretty bad, i was in a size 12 pants (That were a bit tight) and a large shirt.

Right now I'm not actually sure what size I am, I think I am probably either a 10 or an 8. My goal right now is 150 but I am hoping to get to 140 after that I think! I'm not going to be too picky about what the scale says, I just want to feel good! A bit goal is to become really muscular so its not a huge deal what the number on the scale says!

I do know that I would love to fit into a size 6 dress! :D
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    GW/CW: 120
    5'7
    NET 1700 cal/day
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I'm at my goal weight of 135 pounds (size 6) - I've been on maintenance for over a year now. I didn't have that much to lose, but I really needed to work on my fitness and track my nutrition for health reasons. I'd say for my frame, anywhere between 130 and 145 looks attractive on me, so your goal of 135-140 sounds about like mine! I'm an old lady in my late thirties, but this is about what I always weighed in high school and college, and it's been fairly easy to maintain at my advanced age as well - I just need to track my calories and I'm good to go. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and at goal right now of between 130 and 132 lbs, depending on the day :)
  • michellematteson
    Options
    I am 5'6" and have been since I was around 11 years old. The lowest I can recall being was 170, but I know that it could just be that I wasn't paying attention to what I weighed when I was a kid. Right now my goal is to get down to 155, and then I will reevaluate if I want to go lower or not. I do plan on weight lifting at some point, so I know that the scale my go higher than that but I will be in better shape. The BMI index is a good place to start, but it's not the be-all, end-all of overall health.
  • skinnyminimoni
    Options
    Huh. I'm 5'6-5'7 (depending on the day lol) and I weigh about 200, and I'm in 14/16 pants.
    I want to get down to 140. According to some online calculator I have a "small frame" (I can wrap my hand around my wrist and touch my thumb to my finger) but even at my smallest I was very curvy.
  • smilingselena
    smilingselena Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    im 5'6 my current weight is 195, down from 320 and at the moment i have my goal of 150 but when i get their i will adjust if i need to
  • ataloss138
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'7". Goal weight is 150. Highest was 199. Lowest was 130, but I feel that I looked sickly at 130 as far as my body type goes.

I'm even okay with myself in the 160's and feel fine in a size 10 or 12.

Good luck!
  • heretoloseit95
    Options
    Hey Abby = )
    I'm 5'7 too , I started at 160, lost four pounds and then decided to join MFP to get more support :) , I'm down another four ( so i'm currently 152 ) and my ultimate goal is 124 :)
  • vbrent07
    vbrent07 Posts: 115
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and currently 180 my goal is to be about 150-155.
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm OLD.....
    I'm 5'7"....highest was 199.5
    At my age, would be happy 160-170.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I'm Abby (19 years old, 5'7') and pretty new to MFP. I was just wondering what everyone's current and goal weights are for your height, if you're willing to share. It's always good to see how you compare in goals and make sure you're on the right track!

I currently weigh about 163, down from my all-time high of 171. My ultimate goal is 135-140. I have a pretty athletic body type and build muscle easily, so I figure much below this won't be too attainable. Comments on this welcome!

Anyone else?

We have almost the exact same stats Abby. I'm 35 years old, 5' 7" tall, and I started in January of this year at 163, current weight is 135, and goal weight is around 130 (more concerned with bodyfat percentage though.)--then I'm going to try to gain 5 lbs of muscle and get back to 135. :)

You can do anything you set your mind to! Believe it, work hard, and you will reach your goal! :flowerforyou:
  • cjsmommy7
    cjsmommy7 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi Im 5ft 6 and currently at 156 at my biggest i was about 175 not good. My aim is to get down to 148 and then assess the situation. Im quiet muscular and will be training a lot over the next twelve weeks so cant see me wanting to be any less than this. Although 156 sounds quiet heavy I am a comfortable size 10 (UK) at this weight.
  • tarrinlin
    tarrinlin Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey all! I am 21, 5'6", currently weigh 150 with a goal weight of 135. Up until 18 months ago I was maintain 130 but I had a knee injury that had me on bed rest... bed rest led to junk food... junk food led to 150. My net calories are 1200 a day.
  • metalvegan
    metalvegan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 years old and millimeters shy of 5'8 (I like to round up though :laugh: ). My current weight is 124, highest weight was 150 at 18 years old, lowest was around 120 at 21 years old. My short term goal is 120 and my long term goal is 116. I have a very thin build and my muscles are very tall and lean (not bulky at all). A weight of 150 on my body looks like 185 on other girls of the same height, so for me 120 is a really reasonable goal (no one would consider me underweight at 120).

It's so hard to know what to "aim for" here because everyone's bodies are SO different. I say just keep working hard until you love how you look and (especially) how you feel. Hope that helps :)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and at my lowest weight in my mid 20s I was 147lbs, and that for my frame was thin! I was a UK size 10/12 (US 6/8) and my face looked really gaunt.

I'm 34 now and i've had 2 children, so I don't think I'll get as low as that weight again. I now weigh about 7lbs more than when I got married, but I'm thinner, so I think my body is quite muscular now. I have 2 personal training sessions a week and work out with weights and do lots of things like squats/lunges.

I could probably lose another 14-20lbs and be as small as I was in my early 20s, but still weigh more. I'd be much more toned though.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and currently 153 lbs. Highest weight was 165. My goal is 135-140. I have an athletic build too. I was 114 lbs at one point in my life -- very unhealthy for me -- and I had literally NO muscle. I never again want to be that small and frail. My goal of the moment, more so than weight, is 18% body fat.
  • sarahfouts
    sarahfouts Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 years old, 5'6", & weighed 167 before starting MFP. Now my goal weight is 140. I was one of this kids that had a killer metabolism & ate whatever I wanted without gaining weight. Unfortunately, I never learned how to eat well & take care of myself!
  • abbykathleen
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone, this is extremely helpful. Looks like I'm right in line with most everyone else. I really can't wait to see the pounds come off. I also need to get a body fat test done. What would you say is a healthy body fat percentage?