I need lunch ideas

Options
linz1125
linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
I am getting really bored with my normal lunches...I have access to a microwave and a 2 slice toaster at work, and there is a refrigerator to keep things cold.

Annnd GO!

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    PB and banana sandwich, apple on the side
    Turkey, cucumber, Laughing Cow wedge sandwich, Greek yogurt on the side
    Ham, hummus, green bell pepper sandwich, carrots on the side

:)
  • sdchastain
    sdchastain Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like to make soups and then bring them in a thermos to work. They are already hot and I don't have to wait in line to heat it. I try to make soups that include a lot of veggies too. Some of my favorites are: Cream of Cauliflower (made with fat fee 1/2 and 1/2), Black Bean Soup or just a throw everything in the pot veggie soup.
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    One of my new found favorites ~

Al Fresco Chicken Sausages!!!!
  • susanfrancis40
    susanfrancis40 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    chicken and bacon salad with mayo and grated cheese.....delish :)
  • tito7388
    tito7388 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    look up Lean Body Lifestyle on YouTube. This guy has some quick healthy alternatives.
  • maximouse
    maximouse Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    :) I like to take a cold Spanish omelette for lunch, and it's easy to make the night before too? Pan fry onions til brown, then add cooked sliced potato, peppers, steamed broccoli, green beans, ham, lean bacon.... Anything you like! Put paprika, salt and pepper into the eggs and add to pan. Can optionally top with a very very thin layer of strong cheese and grill top. Cool and cut into wedges...yum!

Do you like spice? Lentil pate with a few baked pitta chips?
    Hummous with carrots/peppers/tomatoes .... In a wrap?
    Mixed bean wrap Mexican style with yoghurt instead of sour cream?

Go go go! Heheee;) what do you think-anything worth trying? What's your normal (boring) lunch?

Max
  • SophieW1988
    Options
    This is my FAVORITE quick and healthy lunch wrap.

Tumaro's 80 calorie pumpernickel wrap
    +2 T Trader Joe's Garlic Hummus
    +2 Oz low sodium turkey
    +a few slices red onion
    +a sprig of cilantro

All for only 200 calories!
  • angelachristin
    Options
    Make enough dinner to bring leftovers.
    Grilled chicken, steamed broccoli, and mashed sweet potatoes.
    Shepherds' Pie w/ground turkey instead of beef, substitute half of your mashed potatoes for mashed cauliflower. (YUM!)
    Veggie soup.

Tomato and lettuce sandwich (my husband loves this).
    Grilled chicken wraps (cook and cut the chicken at home) w/ lettuce and low fat ranch on whole wheat tortillas.

If you're in a hot dog mood, Oscar Meyer has 98% fat free turkey dogs that are only 40 cals each, and they are yummy!
    Chicken salad w/ pickle spears.
  • jesss5885
    jesss5885 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Sunday is my cooking day!
    I grilled about 2 lbs of chicken in a few different marinades (fat free italian dressing, lawrys steak and chops, maple farms fat free poppy seed dressing). I use a grill pan in the oven and bake at 350 for about 25 minutes and flip half way through.

I sauteed brussel sprouts and season with cracked pepper and a ton of garlic

Right now, I have broccoli and smashed garlic roasting in the oven.

The chicken will last me lunch and dinner for the work week, and the sides should get me lunch and dinner for 3 days...
  • stupidloser
    stupidloser Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I like taco salad. California spring mix, topped with ground beef or turkey, grated cheese and cracked tortilla chips. Dress with catalina dressing.
  • maximouse
    maximouse Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    great idea about grilling/ roasting meats in different marinades for the week's lunches Jess - I'm gonna try that, thankyou!
  • stopdropandlose
    stopdropandlose Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Some ideas of things you can take:

1. Salad in a mason jar - dressing on the bottom, then hearty items (peppers, cucumbers, green beans, carrots, etc), then lighter foods (nuts, tomatoes, broccoli, quinoa, oranges, sprouts, etc), and lastly, your choice of greens.

2. Meatballs - I get these turkey meatballs at Stop and Shop and they are delish! You can steam them at home and put them in a thermos so they'll be warm at work or you can heat them up. Pair up with a salad or some noodles (cook them then put them in the thermos).

3. Roasted turkey - you can put in a sandwich (cold or warm) using toasted sourdough bread, skim mozzarella cheese, and your choice of veggies. Or eat a salad with it.

4. Wraps - roasted turkey, grilled chicken, or steak. Add your favorite veggies.

Sides:

1. Frigo Light Cheese Sticks
    2. Hard boiled eggs
    3. Nuts/seeds
    4. Yogurt
    5. Applesauce
  • coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    My lunch today was a 100 calorie whole wheat bagel thin with a slice of provolone cheese, some mesquite turkey slices and a hearty brown mustard. 230 calories
    Tomorrow is a wrap: fat free shredded cheddar cheese, diced up mesquite turkey meat, black beans, and 2tbsp low fat artichoke dip to mix it all together. a large lettuce leaf (to prevent the tortilla from getting soggy, and my mixture.

Sides: with today's lunch zucchini, sweet peppers and carrots with hummus

My usual options: light string cheese
    apple
    banana
    fruit leathers

Another option is to add black beans and a hard boiled egg (or bake the egg for 30 min at 350 in your oven, same thing)
    and a low calorie dressing. Tonight I'm trying Brianna's santa fe style 25 calories for 2 tbsp !
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Half a pot of fresh healthy soup with a protein (fish, meat, cheese) based salad. Fresh, tasty, no crap and.....the combination of protein with carbs will keep you satiated for longer!
    I am getting really bored with my normal lunches...I have access to a microwave and a 2 slice toaster at work, and there is a refrigerator to keep things cold.

Annnd GO!
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Chicken and ham/bacon (wholemeal) pasta salad. Can be prepared the night before and refrigerated. Yummy!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options

Annnd GO!

My favorite is a salad made with baby spinach, cucumber and tomato (or whatever veggies I have around), a packet of Starkist flavored tuna (my favorite is sweet and spicy), and lite balsamic. I usually put half the tuna on top of the salad and eat the other half right out of the packet.

On the side I have some kind of berries, and I also have baby carrots and hummus today. I eat a chobani in the afternoon when I start getting hungry again. It takes a little prep time in the morning or the night before but it's worth the 10 minutes to have something that's really good for you and that you know you'll enjoy.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    This is my FAVORITE quick and healthy lunch wrap.

Tumaro's 80 calorie pumpernickel wrap
    +2 T Trader Joe's Garlic Hummus
    +2 Oz low sodium turkey
    +a few slices red onion
    +a sprig of cilantro

All for only 200 calories!

I am drooling!! I will definitely have to try this. Thanks for sharing!