Work Lunches.

Options
I'm jumping back on the bandwagon after being too afraid to get on the scales this weekend and with a week filled with work in a hot and stuffy office looming over me, I know I'm going to have to fight the urge to walk to town to get crappy food with my work friend - plus I'm skint and am not spending a fiver a day on Maccy D's ;)

I'm going on holiday in a month and wanna seriously get back on this whole thing!

Can people give me some idea's as to what they have for lunch at work please, I'm really lacking inspiration.

Thank you!

EDIT: I have access to a microwave, fridge and kettle at work

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I take salads for work - something like lettuce, tomato, cucumber with some chicken or some tuna, and some salad cream light. Or sometimes i take those matzo crackers with some philly extra light. I always take fruit too, usually an apple and a banana, and sometimes a low fat yoghurt too.

I'm a teacher, so luckily don't get a lot of time to eat in the day, as I can't really start on my lunch with a class of Y8s in front of me!
  • sjsosu
    sjsosu Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast with buffalo sauce
    Brown rice
    Protein Shake w/ rice cakes
    Any type of vegatable
    Buffalo chicken salad
    Rice pasta w/ home made sauce (turkey or beef w/ diced tomotos and italian seasoning)
    Sweet potatos
  • Piperella
    Piperella Posts: 5
    Options
    It depends on if you have access to a kitchen or have to take packed lunches in with you? I think you can view my diary, so you'll see I tend to have veggie sausages (done in work oven) and microwaveable rice bags or similar stuff to that. I'm not a vegetarian, but I'm not at all convinced I want to eat the sausages they sell in supermarkets ever again after watching certain food programmes, but that's probably a whole different topic lol
  • BeckiCharlotte13x
    BeckiCharlotte13x Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I take salads for work - something like lettuce, tomato, cucumber with some chicken or some tuna, and some salad cream light. Or sometimes i take those matzo crackers with some philly extra light. I always take fruit too, usually an apple and a banana, and sometimes a low fat yoghurt too.

I'm a teacher, so luckily don't get a lot of time to eat in the day, as I can't really start on my lunch with a class of Y8s in front of me!

I take salad quite a lot too, especially with tuna or chicken... but I just get bored so need changes! Matzo crackers are a good idea too! thank you!
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    egg salad sandwich- 3 white - 2 yolks- low fat mayo- natures own 50 cal a slice whole wheat bread- lettuce, tomato
    fruit, cheese sticks, nuts
    turkey sandwich
    chicken salad sandwich
    sweet potato stuffed with cinamon
    salad with lettuces, tomato, cuke, cottege cheese, egg onion etc low fat dressing- or full fat- just very little.
  • felicityjanexo
    Options
    I take a stir fry with brown rice & lean chicken for lunch a lot, with a green tea on the side :) or some low sodium soup with steamed veggies (I have a steamer I carry with me at all when I'm at school, it's fantastic) & rice cakes :)
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Last week I had mexican vegetable wraps. Basically a load of different veggies (baby sweetcorn, mushrooms, baby courgettes, sugarsnap peas, mangetout, onion) all chopped up in a (very big) frying pan and quickly stir-fried in fry light (spray oil). I then added 2 tins of chopped tomatoes and a tin of red kidney beans and 2 packets of chili con carne spice mix from Tesco. Left it to simmer for about 20 minutes and all done.

I put it into tubs and just kept making up wraps with a bit of grated cheese and greek yogurt in with it. Absolutely amazing. It cost about maybe £15 for all the ingredients and did me pretty much a whole week of not only work lunches, but evening meals too. Thank you to my friend Gwendles for the idea :smile: She also says that it freezes well, but I didn't get round to trying that!

I've still got a bit left, so that will be tomorrows lunch, and I've bought some more stuff today, but I'm going to try it in the slow cooker with some peppers and mince added in too for a bit of a change.
  • megziejo
    megziejo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I like leftover dinner some days. I make enough so I can have it again the next day and I pack it up before I serve the family. This summer I've been taking sandwiches, I found a yummy pocket bread, Italian herb flavor, that didn't need any mayo or dressing and filled them with fresh crisp veggies and a slice of turkey, a few crunchy carrots and some local fresh fruit like cherries, berries, or peaches with a big jug of lemon water and I'm good to go. Sometimes I throw in a 100 calorie snack pack for mid afternoon munchies.
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I have a wide-mouth thermos and I take soup into the office every day. Make a big batch on Sunday (today it was Mushroom) and then reheat in the morning while having breakfast. I also usually have a hardboiled egg, some cheese, fruit and Kallo ricecakes over the course of the day. Feel free to check out my diary for inspiration but I'm a creature of habit..
  • good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I bring a mixed salad with balsamic vinegar every day. I also pre cook my meals the night before, ie. ground turkey, grilled chicken, etc. It makes it a lot easier. Occassionaly I bring in a Healthy choice meal, but watch the sodium. Preplanning, in my opinion, is a key to being successful. Good luck.
  • nick1109
    nick1109 Posts: 174 Member
    Options

sounds identical to my work food . You can't beat a good salad