Ugh losing motivation

Options
Im trying to plan my meals for the week, and I just feel so overwhelmed. Everything I find I just don't want to take the time to make. I don't want to spend the money to buy.

I'm just really unmotivated right now and could use some encouraging words. I normally made everything from scratch, so I am so tempted to go back to my old recipes because I can go shopping without thinking.

I don't know what my problem is, I just am having an off day.

Replies

• flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Been there before. Chalene Johnson had a good idea in her book called "PUSH". She said that you will stay w/ your plan more if you try to not make your goals so big. Make them smaller and more manageable. So instead of planning for an entire week, plan for a few days at a time.....on Sat, plan for Sun - Tuesday and then on Tuesday, plan for Wed to Sat.....

another thing I have done to take some of the planning out of my day (and I work and have 4 kids) is to have 3-4 breakfasts that I rotate and on the days I work I eat the same things.....same w/ snacks....I tend to stick w/ the same things....

it is tough but makes a huge difference when you plan!
  • Afterblue
    Afterblue Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am sorry...

I love to cook and sticking to a few meal choices is always challenging for me. I make menus by month and switch them around so that it doesn't get boring. However, honestly- with a couple of the right seasoning mixes, a pack or two of quinoa, a large pack of individually frozen chicken breasts, whole grain pita bread, a few filets of salmon, a tin of steel cut rolled oat meal (not instant), a can of black beans, milk, a few eggs, and assorted week's supply of veggies and fruits (e.g: kale, baby carrots, berries, oranges, spinach) I am set for the week. I usually have garlic and herbs on the ready.

I also got myself meal replacement drinks for when I absolutely do not wish to cook. (Square meal by Biorhythm or Isatori both work for me). This has prevented me from hunger induced "situations".
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Been there before. Chalene Johnson had a good idea in her book called "PUSH". She said that you will stay w/ your plan more if you try to not make your goals so big. Make them smaller and more manageable. So instead of planning for an entire week, plan for a few days at a time.....on Sat, plan for Sun - Tuesday and then on Tuesday, plan for Wed to Sat.....

another thing I have done to take some of the planning out of my day (and I work and have 4 kids) is to have 3-4 breakfasts that I rotate and on the days I work I eat the same things.....same w/ snacks....I tend to stick w/ the same things....

it is tough but makes a huge difference when you plan!

I would love to not have to shop for the whole week, but I work 10 hor shifts And have a 45 minute commute... The last thing I want to do after work is shopping...I did finally make my meal plan, but it's just going to cost me more than I wanted.

I think I'm just stressed about money right now so I am making excuses. Either way I am going to have to spend money on food, so it may as well be good food!
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I am sorry...

I love to cook and sticking to a few meal choices is always challenging for me. I make menus by month and switch them around so that it doesn't get boring. However, honestly- with a couple of the right seasoning mixes, a pack or two of quinoa, a large pack of individually frozen chicken breasts, whole grain pita bread, a few filets of salmon, a tin of steel cut rolled oat meal (not instant), a can of black beans, milk, a few eggs, and assorted week's supply of veggies and fruits (e.g: kale, baby carrots, berries, oranges, spinach) I am set for the week. I usually have garlic and herbs on the ready.

I also got myself meal replacement drinks for when I absolutely do not wish to cook. (Square meal by Biorhythm or Isatori both work for me). This has prevented me from hunger induced "situations".

Yeah I normally try to buy meat in bulk so I can just buy a few things here and there for the week... But our freezer broke and we lost it all, so I have to buy it alllll over again. Grr.

I'm just in a funky mood....frustrated I can't get to the gym today because my husband made plans with some friends for us. But at least we will get out of the house today!
  • fit443
    fit443 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Sounds like some socializing time might be just what you need (if you're an extrovert...?)- I hope you can relax and enjoy your friends.
    Remember, you are not alone, and all of us struggle with some part of this journey.
    Maybe a gratitude journal, or a bit of time to flip through some family photos to get life back in perspective?
    vitamin b's make a huge difference to my mental state - and primrose oil. Where are you in the TOM? That could explain a bunch.
    Hang in there!
  • darnnells
    darnnells Posts: 37
    Options
    You sound depressed. Maybe a treat for yourself is in order. Take yourself out for something nice. It may elevate your spirits.